Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just had a quick question for all of you ferrari gururus. Did Ferrari ever produce a rotary powered car. I was watching Ferris Bueller's day off, a movie, and they had an oldder model Ferrari with a rotary. Was this a movie thing or did they actually make one. THanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
the ferrari featured in ferris buelers day off is a 1961 250 gt "california". it was a V12 engine. as far as i know ferrari has never ever played with a wankle in their cars. i am a huge rotary fan as well as a ferrari fan. GM, ford, and suzuki motorcycles have played with the little rotar that could but not mr. ferrari. along with my 308 gts i have a 350hp 90' RX-7 turbo. sorry but the king of all cars never had a wankle.

·
Registered
824 Posts
The one used in the Ferris Bueller film is a complete fake! Don't know what they used for it but it wasn't a Ferrari.

Niels

·
Registered
36 Posts
j brosseau said:
GM, ford, and suzuki motorcycles have played with the little rotar that could
And so did Mercedes. But only Mazda, the maker of 4 out of 5 types of engines (more than any other car company), Piston, Wankel, Miller & diesel (but not electric) has gotten it to work.

Mark

·
Registered
82 Posts
what was the miller motor? any kind of info would be greatly apreciated. i am familiar with all the other four but not the miller i am imagining that it is the 2 stroke but i could be mistaken.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
modenaTwinTurbo said:
what was the miller motor? any kind of info would be greatly apreciated. i am familiar with all the other four but not the miller i am imagining that it is the 2 stroke but i could be mistaken.
Correct, often used in Tractors for farms. The timing system is different. They used it in the Millenia(sp?)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Mazda used the Miller motor in the Xedos cars. I am not technical, so a google search would probably help you much further!

Niels

·
Registered
255 Posts
As seen on: www.fast-rewind.com

The filmmakers used 4 replica Ferrari 250GT's during the movie. They were manufactured by Modena Design and Development of El Cajon, California. It's a hand-built production sportscar and each one takes about six months to build.
The car is not a Ferrari, but Modena's Classic GT250 borrows heavily from the looks of the 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder. Modena's car also does not carry a Ferrari logo, but the prospective customer may add one if he/she wishes. The car body is composed of fiberglass hand-laid into a single mold and the 5-litre Ford V8 engine propels the car from 0-60 in less than six seconds.

:eek:ha:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts