Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out.

Got it for £59 off ebay. It's a Honda S2000 engine start button.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Very cool! Looks very flush with the car.

Chris

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Doh!

Just great now I have to get one.:crazy:.....

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking good. Does it work?
Of course it works!!! :shakeass2::whip:

Will it still start off the ignition key?
Not sure what you mean. I have to put the key in and move it to the point before starting the engine and then press the button. The car will still start with the key as well so it's best of both worlds.

Just great now I have to get one.:crazy:.....
You can ask the girls to press the button to start the engine. Believe me.......women love it. :thumbsup;

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Good, I wasn't sure if it was just a Richard Hammond from Top Gear type of mod that looked cool, was all style and no substance, wasn't actually attached to anything and served no purpose.

The carbon fibre on the console looks cool too.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts

You can ask the girls to press the button to start the engine. Believe me.......women love it. :thumbsup;

HA I like it I bet the girls love to start a Ferrari

So how did you do the wiring where did you tie into? Pics please

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HA I like it I bet the girls love to start a Ferrari

So how did you do the wiring where did you tie into? Pics please
I didn't do it. The car was in with QV London for a service and I just gave it to them. It can easily be done by an auto electrician although you have to be careful with the alarm.

When you buy it off ebay, the seller will ask you what car it is for and will provide the wiring for it.

I actually wanted the button to the right so that I had the option of putting a traction control system knob there later. Unfortunatly it wouldn't fit there so it was placed in teh middle.

Personally, I think he did it on purpose to stop me putting the Traction control system on the car. :laugh2:

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Hahahaha.....The final touch......Hahahaha. Your new here huh. Let me introduce you to Sy. The only thing truely final to him will be executed at the pearly gates and thats only if they won't let the car in with him.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hahahaha.....The final touch......Hahahaha. Your new here huh. Let me introduce you to Sy. The only thing truely final to him will be executed at the pearly gates and thats only if they won't let the car in with him.
I don't think Philmen's heard about the Traction Control system i'm going to install soon. :grin2:

Will do a video and stick it up when i have time. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't think Philmen's heard about the Traction Control system i'm going to install soon.

Will do a video and stick it up when i have time.
I'm in the center of all discussions here !

Just kidding , the traction control system will be hard to install isn't it ?!

Do you take the system from the F355 ?!

I have a feeling that it will be really really interesting to see that project in pics and vid !

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Will it still start using only the ignition key ?
I can use either the button or the key.

the traction control system will be hard to install isn't it ?!
No idea. The standard setup can be installed in a day. however, we are attempting to do a custom job not done before. Rather than connect to teh existing ABS, it will have it's own separte sensors.

Do you take the system from the F355 ?!
No, the 355 doesn't have TC>

This system is made by race Logic as used by Moslers, lotus and aston Martin.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts