Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all 550/575 Owners

When driving along a motorway/ or at consistent speeds, what temperature do you normally find the engine oil sitting at?

I find my car sits at the bottom end of the acceptable range (the second line away from the edge of the arc on the left).

It never gets up to half way, even under spirited driving.

I can't imagine the engine is too cool, so is this normal or a sensor issue?

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
At consistent speeds, the temperature should remain quite cool - unless outside temperature is high I would not expect it to rise much above what you're indicating.

However, when you hit a traffic jam or are using plenty of revs, the oil temperature should certainly respond, albeit not reaching very high limits. The highest mine has been has been a bit over halfway.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
At consistent speeds, the temperature should remain quite cool - unless outside temperature is high I would not expect it to rise much above what you're indicating.

However, when you hit a traffic jam or are using plenty of revs, the oil temperature should certainly respond, albeit not reaching very high limits. The highest mine has been has been a bit over halfway.

Onno
+1. Also my experience.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I agree with JazzyO and Boxer's comments. These cars are equipped with an electric fan that cools both water and oil radiators, at the same time, as the water and oil radiators are stuck together, they actually interact as heat exchangers. So under normal driving you should not experience oil temperatures that are much higher than the water temp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts