Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting a replacement emissions sticker for my 95 F355 spider. I found one that is reasonable for purchase however, The clear plastic coating on it is gone and there is sticky glue residue on the sticker from it. Does anyone know a way to remove the adhesive without removing the printing on the sticker itself.
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest the car is my Dad's and he asked me to find some help here on the forums for him. I am located in San Diego.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
jpinn said:
To be honest the car is my Dad's and he asked me to find some help here on the forums for him. I am located in San Diego.
Those stickers are designed to be tamper proof. Any fooling around with them usually destroys them.

California law requires that the vehicle manufacturer provide replacement emission stickers on request. I do not know the price but I know Ferrari of North America is aware of the law. When I was a dealer shop forman someone from headquarters in New Jersey called me and asked why someone in Ca was being so adamant about a replacement. I informed them it was state law. I know they have provided replacements.

No one here will give you a bad time for helping your father with his Ferrari, but just tell us up front. If you fill out your profile to some extent it is easier to help and there is always more interest in helping someone who does not try to remain a mystery man.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The point is that the price of a replacement from Ferrari is prety rediculous and so finding a replacement, albeit from a crashed car or wherever is a better idea. And so I have a replacement but it has this adhesive residue on it and I would like to remove that without removing the sticker's information.
thanks and sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why can no one answer a simple question of how to get the adhesive off the sticker without removing the printing

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
jpinn said:
Why can no one answer a simple question of how to get the adhesive off the sticker without removing the printing
jpinn,

Welcome to the site. Not sure exactly how to remove the adhesive, perhaps try rubbing alcohol?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts