Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VDoes anyone have any experience with electronic ignition conversion systems (such as offered by ferraripartsexchange) ?
I've installed the system to reduce or even eliminate misfiring and therefore have a smoother running engine but I can't seem to feel a difference and somehow I have a suspicion that it's screwing up my entire electrical system (things that used to work perfectly all the time now sometimes work, sometimes don't...). Can this be connected to the new system or did my mechanic install it

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hope you did not buy this from Ferraripartsexchange. They are crooks and rip-off artists. They sold me some parts that were junk. Be careful whatyou buy from them.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
F114B said:
I hope you did not buy this from Ferraripartsexchange. They are crooks and rip-off artists. They sold me some parts that were junk. Be careful whatyou buy from them.
Wow….harsh words….what did you buy from them ?

Anyone have a good or bad experience from them ???

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Hello ????

Anybody home ?????

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had good and bad experiences with them. Earlier this year I ordered a set of tailpipes for my 365 GT4 2+2 and everything went fine.
2 Months ago I ordered a key blank, ignition wires and 2 electronic ignition units from them. The key blank was wrong, the ignition wires were mislabelled and didin't fire a spark on three of them (Which took my mechanic hours to find and straighten out...) and instead of their electronic ignition units they sent me two dinoplex conversions (which I didn't realize until they were installed...).
However, they sell the dinoplex conversions for $ 800, whereas they only charged me for the electronic ignition units, which are $ 350. I mailed them and asked them what we could do about this and have until today not received any answer.
Their main problem, however, are their prices. Any part I have ever researched was AT LEAST twice as expensive as for example Ferrari UK or Eurospares. So even if you live in the States, you probably save a lot of money if you order from the UK...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Have purchased from all vendors mentioned (Eurospares, Maranello Parts/F.U.K) and also ferraripartsexchange. Add to that T. Rutlands too. So far ALL my purchased have been fine. Vendor ferraripartsexchange sold me a NLA new, so i got a used trunk release assembly (black plastic surround, chrome lever with prancing horse part) for the 308 for well under $100 and it arrived fast and looked very good.

Eurospares, lots of goodies from them. All great.

Ferrari UK (Maranello Parts) has been great at supplying many parts, just wish the USD value was not in the dumper (exchange rate).

T. Rutlands is also fast an efficient. Even when a part i ordered was delivered but Ferrari changed designs, they took back the part without a problem.

So all in all have been very happy with everyone. Of course i wish some parts were less $$$, but it is supply and demand (and the low value of the USD). Have also had good results with a few eBayers including albydea (and a few others who had rare NOS parts).

Only less than happy experience was from Maranello UK and that was NOT their fault. Ferrari heater box filters (one per side) for the 308 should have been good filters IMHO, but instead are now just (way overpriced) brass screen. Again, not Maranello UK's fault, it is just what the factory now specs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
From the last six month, I'm restoring a 308 from bodywork to switch knob (!!!), so I've order from many dealers and concerning Ferraripartsexchange, an items was missing (but paid) when I received the package and they apologize and send it back to me quickly with no charges (to Europe). So for me it's a good experience with them. But for me the best one is Superperfomance (UK) even if one of the two pages items I ordered was not stricly as original one (it was the Ferrari script badge rear diferent from the original'one), after you have McCann (USA) expensive but pro, ICP (USA) very expensive but they have parts that no one have, T Rutlands (USA) are nice too because you can see what you're buying and to finish, with Eurospares (UK), two items was not as expected even with my descriptions, so now I send them the real picture of what I want to be sure...
If it could help someone... (I've never try Maranello, Thanks, I'm going to take a look...)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you guys, for your replies.

However, I wanted to make one thing clear - I never originally intended to complain about the services of ferraripartsexchange. Some things maybe went a bit unlucky, but I have no major claim against them.
My primary interest was to see whether anyone had any experience with their electronic ignition conversions or Dinoplex conversions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts