Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Usually, when something sounds too good to be true, it is....

Your engine breathes LOTS of air, so one would need a massive air pump (supercharger) to add any significant amount of air to that.

A) This unit simply seems to small to be able to do that

B) Even a 70 Amp alternator delivers only 0.84 kW power (70 x 12), or just over 1 hp. Most ordinary belt-driven superchargers will require many times this amount of power to run.

C) Why would everybody be messing around with belt driven ones if it were so easy???

There's no free lunch.

I'd be VERY VERY sceptic about this one. It simply doesn't add up....

Sorry.

Hans

·
Registered
366 Posts
What a Scam

Notice that each "supercharger" comes with a free computer chip. Any horsepower increase comes from that chip, not a spinning little fan blade. Save your money! -Steve

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I have gotten an e-mail response from North End Tuning regarding a supercharger for my ferrari . They want to sell me a custom kit for it. Have you heared anything about this company? http://www.electricchargers.com

Jordan,

Your first post on the Forum claiming you own a Ferrari but your asking us to look at an aftermarket company that offers performance to Honda Civic’s…interesting…post pictures of your Ferrari and serial number.

Personally I doubt you’re a Ferrari owner…I think your from that company trying to get us to buy your product…im sure others figured it out but im the only one actually saying it.

You should have introduced yourself and your company and offered to work with a member in your area to do research and testing to be able to offer it to Ferrari owners instead of trying to fool us on buying a product none of us think will be sufficient enough to produce adequate air intake for a Ferrari engine. I guess you need marketing courses…lol

Your product is a good idea for small engines, Focus, Civic, Cobalt, Golf etc…but i dont think it can work on high producing HP engines. As well, stchiptunning doesn’t make a chip for ANY Ferrari’s...so the unit would be on it's own for creating power...

Most Ferrari’s have dual ram air intakes, so where would this thing bolt on? Would this mean buying two units? How would one know its pushing the same amount of air volume in both banks and what would be the electrical power drain?

The wiring diagram is a pure joke…no relay to an accessory power source to switch on power and cut the unit off once the engine is shut down your diagram shows constant ON, if forgotten, it will kill the battery. You also need two fuses, one going to the battery and another one from the unit to the switch in case both positive wires rub anywhere down the line…

Anyways...very impressive...lol

Good luck…

~

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Here is how it should be wired if one were to install two of them for a dual ram intake...like a Ferrari…

But what do I know...I dont have a product advertised in a Tuner magazine…lol

~

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
So you're saying this "Electric Supercharger" will increase my Ferrari's horsepower? Try again. Superchargers are belt driven and the turbine is spinning so fast this "supercharger" would be blown away. The performance chip is also a gag. Most "Performance Chips" I have seen on Ebay are chips that trick the MAF sensor. What an accomplishment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts