Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Awesome pictures!!!! Thanks for sharing. Looks like a fantastic event. Love the engine shots, makes me want a v-12.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Very cool pictures. Havent decided yet on the styling of the 599 ...

Why does Ferrari think its necessary to launch these massive publicity campaigns? First the China tour with the 612 and now this. I dont know that they're getting at. It seems the only thing they're proving is that the car can last 20k miles. I didnt know that was a concern ...

Bart, whats your odometer reading these days?

·
Registered
15 Posts
great piics paco!!!!....I think this is a positive step for ferrari in becoming a truly global brand, Ferrari in latin America is something that is perceived as an impossible dream even for people that can afford them, these events give ferrari a truly global customer base. Benefiting Maserati as well.

regards

maximus

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the comments on the pictures guys.
Looking at them closer I now see things my eyes did not catch while seating in front of the wheel and was wondering... do any of you know what's this...

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
LED shift lights. The far left light comes on at 6k, more lights progressively illuminate as you approach the redline. When the lights start coming on it is time to start thinking about tapping that left paddle. A full 620 horsepower with a fresh gear to work with. Hang on!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Pete04222 said:
When the lights start coming on it is time to start thinking about tapping that left paddle.
Im thinking you wanna hit the RIGHT paddle. Downshifting at 8k RPM could spell disaster. You'll be picking up your transmission of the floor! Pieces of it anyway ;)

I didnt know they incorporated the LEDS on anything except the Enzo.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I thought the left paddle was upshift. Oops. I guess the 599 owner might want to think twice before letting me take his car out for a spin! :)

I've also done it in my car with the gated shifter, put it in second when I intended to go into fourth. Oops. Hard to make that look like you meant to do it. :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Ive always wondered about that. Im sure the gated shifter become second nature but what happens if you miss?! What would really suck is if you tried to upshift into 3rd and nailed reverse. That would be an unhappy drive train!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I've put the car in reverse by accident before at a stop light, fortunately not at high rpms.

The shift pattern on the Ferrari is:
R-2-4
1-3-5

The shift pattern on the Jeep is
1-3-5
2-4-R

Think about which car you are in before you go shifting gears. :) The truck is an automatic. Put it in "D" and forget about it. The "D" probably stands for dummy. :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Maybe the newer software will not allow the transmission to be damaged this way. I can imagine software taking over control giving the driver time to correct his mistake. I can even imagine a very scary noise coming from the car just to warn about the mistake.

btw
Pete I got the exect same problem with my personal car and the office car, but at the place were I have the R, the office car has the 5th gear. I make mistakes all the time...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts