Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-

new to the forum.

I recently purchased a 2006 F430 from a dealer. It has powertrain coverage until March 2014. Drives beautiful. Has 15K miles approx.

I did two test drives with the dealer. No problems.

I drove the car home from the dealership. I drove it on automatic and literally drove it gingerly as this is my first one (didn't hit any bumps or anything and never went over 60mph if that).

Anyways, two warnings came up. "E-DIFF" and also the "Driving mode Switch Failure". What does this mean? Is it safe to drive it still? How much will this cost to fix and is it covered by the Power Train Warranty?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Hi and welcome to FerrariLife ;)

Not sure this would be covered by the basic Power warranty but as you just bought your car, don't hesitate to contact your dealer and find an arrangement to get this resolved. I would not drive the car until you know exactly what's going on. Good luck!

·
Registered
68 Posts
If there are no symptoms of a malfunctioning differential,i would say it is an electronic problem.We experienced this 3-4 months before on a F430 in the race track...The verdict was that the ECUs had some problem communicating,but when we reset everything,the car was ok.No cost.Hope that you have the same problem....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is a old thread but i just received the same problem, bought a ferrari from dealership 2007, i have been driving it easy and today i just received the two system idicators ”E-DIFF and Driving mode switch Failure”

What is the problem? did you fix it? i tried to turn off the power and reset it but still same problem..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello...i m italian..sorry for my english! i have the same problem. E diff and driving mode switch failure... i have check can line with scope meter but it s ok..impedance is 60 ohm...6026 and 6028 are the error codes that i have found with my texa computer.. changed clock springs, battery, yaw sensor. Can you help me? I m been crazy...

I know this is a old thread but i just received the same problem, bought a ferrari from dealership 2007, i have been driving it easy and today i just received the two system idicators ”E-DIFF and Driving mode switch Failure”

What is the problem? did you fix it? i tried to turn off the power and reset it but still same problem..

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Sorry to hear that but unfortunately, we see a lot F430s having all kind of E-DIFF issues, certainly due to age. In your case, 6026 and 6028 are CAN BUS errors and can be caused by a failing E-DIFF ECU. If you have a chance to test with another E-DIFF ECU, that would help. Otherwise, as many have already done, install the SEB ECU (Smart E-DIFF Bypass System) because the E-DIFF on the F430 is simply useless and causes more troubles than advantages.

Hello...i m italian..sorry for my english! i have the same problem. E diff and driving mode switch failure... i have check can line with scope meter but it s ok..impedance is 60 ohm...6026 and 6028 are the error codes that i have found with my texa computer.. changed clock springs, battery, yaw sensor. Can you help me? I m been crazy...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you very much StefVan.
My friend from england has shipping to me his e diff ecu because he has swap his 430 in scuderia. I hope to receive it as soon as possible... can i know how to work this SEB ecu? Can i bypass the ediff ecu?
Sorry for my poor english! :) i m became crazy for this...all the car is demounted
Carlo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts