Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has ever put their F-Car on a Dyno Test to see how the current BHP output compares with the original factory figures?

For example. Euro 328 quoted = 270 bhp. Current = ???bhp

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I've heard of people who have done that and been told that they've lost most of their horses. I don't want to put myself in that position and find out my 270 horses are actually only 200 now:(

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats cool. Thanks guys.

I remember seeing an episode of TG on one of their road trips. I think it was Italian sportscar under 10k (or some such thing). Anyway they had to put these cars on a Dyno test and as I recall the 308GT4 had lost the least out of all of them. I am beginning to think that the F-car is probably one of the best at retaining bhp.

Question is
what is the best way to keep the horses in the paddock? and
how can one recapture any that have run away?

Steven - what was the original bhp quoted on your 308?

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Thats cool. Thanks guys.

I remember seeing an episode of TG on one of their road trips. I think it was Italian sportscar under 10k (or some such thing). Anyway they had to put these cars on a Dyno test and as I recall the 308GT4 had lost the least out of all of them. I am beginning to think that the F-car is probably one of the best at retaining bhp.

Question is
what is the best way to keep the horses in the paddock? and
how can one recapture any that have run away?

Steven - what was the original bhp quoted on your 308?
1. Regular proper maintenance
2. Engine rebuild

Euro 308's were originally rated at 255 bhp and US 308's at 235 bhp. Factory ratings in the 70's could be a bit "liberal".

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Boxer, how did the F40 do in the dyno?

did you test the engine out of the car?

and you got it right, those are the 2 ways to keep all the horses in there hehehehe

·
Registered
167 Posts
The factory probably lied and said 255. i bet they were lucky when new to do 235 or so. It is like Ferrari 308 stock speedometers...
In the 70s the rating was probably flywheel HP not wheel HP figure about 10% or so Drivetrain loss

1 - 11 of 11 Posts