Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
How come the 360 "dies in the arse" so fast, and so much below the power peak of the M3s? Is there a significant gearing difference between the 360 & the BMW's (ie 3rd vs 4th gear)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
different days, same dyno...best we could manage. this dyno has proven to be very consistent.

All runs done in 4th gear. The CSL has a higher redline, i believe, and the 360 clearly has a slightly lower 4th gear, but, as i'm sure you know, that makes no difference to the actual figues, but on the road it clearly shows that at any given speed in 4th, the 360 has bucketloads more power. I was quite amazed at how much more torque it had than the other cars. The CSL only had it up top....not quite the numbers we expected.

The actual figures were 227 for the 360, 215 for the CSL and 185 for the M3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THE_PRO said:
Why is the 360 always being compared to a M3, isn't the 360 faster than the 911 turbo?
Is it? It just happens that the owner of the 360 owns a CSL and was interested in the comparison. 360 faster than a 911 turbo? I don't think so!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Aircon said:
different days, same dyno...best we could manage. this dyno has proven to be very consistent.

All runs done in 4th gear. The CSL has a higher redline, i believe, and the 360 clearly has a slightly lower 4th gear, but, as i'm sure you know, that makes no difference to the actual figues, but on the road it clearly shows that at any given speed in 4th, the 360 has bucketloads more power. I was quite amazed at how much more torque it had than the other cars. The CSL only had it up top....not quite the numbers we expected.

The actual figures were 227 for the 360, 215 for the CSL and 185 for the M3
do you mean 227 horses???

Ed-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
modenaTwinTurbo said:
Aircon said:
different days, same dyno...best we could manage. this dyno has proven to be very consistent.

All runs done in 4th gear. The CSL has a higher redline, i believe, and the 360 clearly has a slightly lower 4th gear, but, as i'm sure you know, that makes no difference to the actual figues, but on the road it clearly shows that at any given speed in 4th, the 360 has bucketloads more power. I was quite amazed at how much more torque it had than the other cars. The CSL only had it up top....not quite the numbers we expected.

The actual figures were 227 for the 360, 215 for the CSL and 185 for the M3
do you mean 227 horses???

Ed-
I would have thought it obvious that it's rear wheel kw.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Do you happen to have the air/fuel mixture plot with the HP? And, do you use any correction factor to plot the HP?

Cheers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Aircon said:
modenaTwinTurbo said:
Aircon said:
different days, same dyno...best we could manage. this dyno has proven to be very consistent.

All runs done in 4th gear. The CSL has a higher redline, i believe, and the 360 clearly has a slightly lower 4th gear, but, as i'm sure you know, that makes no difference to the actual figues, but on the road it clearly shows that at any given speed in 4th, the 360 has bucketloads more power. I was quite amazed at how much more torque it had than the other cars. The CSL only had it up top....not quite the numbers we expected.

The actual figures were 227 for the 360, 215 for the CSL and 185 for the M3
do you mean 227 horses???

Ed-
I would have thought it obvious that it's rear wheel kw.
thats so low... 304.41 horses... :nuts:

Ed-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ed-[/quote]

I would have thought it obvious that it's rear wheel kw.[/quote]

thats so low... 304.41 horses... :nuts:

Ed-[/quote]

Don't worry about it...it's just a number. All you can use it for is comparison btwn the cars...nothing more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
as long as the numbers came from the same dyno.or at least the same kind of dyno.

Ed-
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top