Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
The place is owned by Marcel Wiggers. He used to be the sales manager of the official Ferrari dealer Munsterhuis. He's a nice guy and the company looks good but I haven't spoken to people who bought their car at Wiggers yet.
Also it seems he has some cars who are 2 years in the showroom (both F512 M's and the murciolago for instance) and I've noticed some cars popping up at other places for sale after his website says 'sold'. Don't know if that's just regular car business or something else.

Are you looking for the CGT, maybe?;)

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The place is owned by Marcel Wiggers. He used to be the sales manager of the official Ferrari dealer Munsterhuis. He's a nice guy and the company looks good but I haven't spoken to people who bought their car at Wiggers yet.
Also it seems he has some cars who are 2 years in the showroom (both F512 M's and the murciolago for instance) and I've noticed some cars popping up at other places for sale after his website says 'sold'. Don't know if that's just regular car business or something else.

Are you looking for the CGT, maybe?;)
Thanks for the insights. It was the 550 Barchetta which caught my eye. Any idea what he is askign for it ?

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with Wiggers but I know that he has nice cars and a couple of people I know have bought cars from him. They tend to be a bit on the pricey side.

I know that the Barchetta has been for sale there for a very long time (>12 months), but I've never inquired after its price. I'll see if I can find out more from one of my friends.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I thought €199k with dutch registration...if it's not dutch registered it will be probably €20k less. Not 100% sure though, sorry.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks. Euro 20k looks right but in this case it is Euro 60-80k. A basically brand new 550 Barchetta was sold for Euro 135k http://www.rmauctions.com/CarDetails.cfm?SaleCode=FF08&CarID=r153&Currency=

at the RM Maranello auction last week.
I'm surprised about the low UK prices. Even with dutch taxes (=20k) an 550 barchetta will be around €140k then. Seems there are big netto (not tax related) prices differences within europe, in Germany the 550 Barchetta prices range from €160k - €200k. (www.mobile.de). Anyone any thoughts about why?

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm surprised about the low UK prices. Even with dutch taxes (=20k) an 550 barchetta will be around €140k then. Seems there are big netto (not tax related) prices differences within europe, in Germany the 550 Barchetta prices range from €160k - €200k. (www.mobile.de). Anyone any thoughts about why?
Not sure why but far prefer the UK pricing.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Foreign people should never try to buy a car on dutch plates (unless you wanna pay top $ ofcourse) - the car taxes are insane here. I would recommend trying to buy a german car or a dutch car on non-dutch plates :)

Basically all Euro countries have lower taxes than us...except for Scandanavian countries maybe.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Arent LHD cars in the UK cheaper compared to the RHD cars? No one wants LHD cars in the UK so they sell cheaper there.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I suspect the price is a bit high for Boxer's liking, 430-FAN, but there is no doubt Alex is as good as they come. My 550 is pampered, being stored and serviced at his place!

Onno
Yes, the prices in the Netherlands seem to be quite a bit higher than the UK or Germany. I assume this is partially due to tax.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Yes, the prices in the Netherlands seem to be quite a bit higher than the UK or Germany. I assume this is partially due to tax.
On top of all new cars comes a 42% tax called BPM. As the car gets older, this tax percentage slides to 4.2% (of the NEW price in Holland, including all options) until the car is older than 25 years, after which it is no longer applicable.

So if you import a 19 year old 328 into Holland, you have to pay around 4.2k of the then-new price of 100k, on top of any VAT or import duty. On a 2001 550 Maranello, the amount is 16k. On a 2005 575SA: 47k.

Sometimes, however, dealers price their cars excluding BPM for export. You could inquire at Wiggers Mastercars if they can take the BPM off, I think this is always possible. When this happens, it tends to make Dutch cars quite cheap.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts