Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having just completed a lengthy trip in a 550 :drive: , one of the critical decisions before pushing off was which 6 CDs to load in the changer. IMHO good driving music is a key element of a successful long range journey and should consist of a mix of different music for different driving conditions (open road, traffic, etc) Mine were:

Pink Floyd - Pulse Disc 2 (Dark Side of the Moon Live)
Cream - I Feel Free
Robbie Williams - Live Summer 2003
Guns n Roses - Greatest Hits
Meat Loaf - Bat out of Hell
Anastacia - Anastacia

Yours ?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Interesting. I actually end up doing about 4, 5 hour trips a month so Im pretty good at doing two things ...One) picking good CD's and Two) driving in silence so my girlfriend can sleep!

1. Miles Davis: Kind of Blue (an absolute must)
2. A piano Compilation I made decades ago (beethoven, Chopin, Debussy)
3. Led Zeppelin: II
4. Herbie Hancock: Possibilities (a newer colaboration CD he did)
5. Bill Withers: Super Hits (oh yeah)
6. Bullfrog: A little Rope-A-Dope Disc

That'll about do it for me. Granted in todays technologically advanced world I dont use CD's, I use my iPod in the car so I will never listen to a full CD, just pickings.

·
Registered
37 Posts
A Very Imprtant Selection right enough
Here is my six

1 - Guns and Roses (Greatest Hits)
2 - Proclaimers (Greatest Hits)
3 - BodyRockers
4 - Oasis (Whats the Story Morning Glory)
5 - Robbie Williams (Life thru a Lens)
6 - U2 (Greatest Hits)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
1) K's Choice - Paradise in Me (Screaming along with the music)
2) Rammstein - Live at Berlin (Very VERY loud. Good for the highway)
3) Disturbed - The Sickness (Same as Rammstein)
4) Queen - The 12" Collection (Best band EVER)
5) Fratsen - Storm (Best Dutch band ever)
6) The Very Best of Stars on 45 (When I'm in a traffic jam)

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Great question, my answers are:

1. ATB
2. U2
3. A Classical compilation with syphonies (Mozart's 40 & 41 for sure)
4. Diana Krall if traveling with a female companion, if solo then something like No Doubt or
5. Self made CD 1 with MP3s burned to it for all the misc one hit songs (Andain, BT, Tera Lowe, Sylver to name a few that would make the CD)
6. Self made CD 2 (more house/euro songs)

Truthly, being the iPod generation I would figure out a way to hook it up to my radio and carry all 3,000 of my songs with me.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Enzo250GTO said:
Truthly, being the iPod generation I would figure out a way to hook it up to my radio and carry all 3,000 of my songs with me.
They make this fantastic little gizmo called the iTrip. Best 35 bucks Ive spent. Its an FM transmitter for your iPod. It clicks in and sends whats currently playing on your iPod over whatever FM frequency you choose. Obviously you can play it wherever there is an FM receiver. It runs off the iPods battery, but you can get others that dont do that. A great one iTrip fits all cars kind of thing. And the quality is pretty good, far better than the cassette adapters.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
FunkyJunc said:
They make this fantastic little gizmo called the iTrip. Best 35 bucks Ive spent. Its an FM transmitter for your iPod. It clicks in and sends whats currently playing on your iPod over whatever FM frequency you choose. Obviously you can play it wherever there is an FM receiver. It runs off the iPods battery, but you can get others that dont do that. A great one iTrip fits all cars kind of thing. And the quality is pretty good, far better than the cassette adapters.
Awesome, on other cars if you have a AUX/MD plug you can just plug the iPod direct to the radio with an easy adapter and craddle that holds the iPod. This is a setup most the Maserati owners have done.

·
Registered
509 Posts
The second and third most helpful things Ive bought are a car charger for the ipod at a whopping 30 bucks and a iPod holder that clips into the AC vents (which was like 4.50 at Target in their automotive supply isle).

Boxer's right, it does drain the battery which sucks. I was making 500 mile trips once a month so I made the charger and holder investment. Good stuff.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
There used to be an adapter for playing CD's in your Discman while you only had a cassette player in your car. Was a cassette with a wire coming out of it which you could plug into your Discman earphone connection. I assume that would work with an MP3 player as well since it's a standard 3,5 mm Jack

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine would have to be:

1) AC/DC---Highway to Hell
2) Bruce Springsteen---Born to Run and Darkness on the Edge of Town
3) The Who---By Numbers and Face Dances
4) U2---Under a Blood Red Sky
5) Pink Floyd---The Wall

Thanks,
Marc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts