Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little over a week ago I picked up my 365 GT4 BB from the workshop where it had been for the better part of the last two months having a few things attended to. The workshop did a great job (PM me if anyone would like the name) and came in at the agreed budget.

What happened next was not at all fun. Upon leaving for the roughly 40 mile drive back, I hit a major traffic jam. Later I found out that a truck had crashed and caught fire, shutting down the major highway back towards London. It is now Friday late afternoon, rush hour starting, dusk decending rapidly, and I am sitting in a 30 year old Ferrari barely moving. Over the next two hours of crawling along detours in bumper to bumper traffic I came the following conclusions:

- the 365 BB is not designed for inching forward. Try this for over an hour and your left leg will just about fall off

- the side mirrors on a 512 BB are just about useless, but useless is still much better than no side mirrors at all

- having to do a 3 point turn, in the dark, with that not exactly outstanding rear 3 quarters visibility, is both an outstanding upper body workout, and involves a lot of praying that you are not about to back over something short and hidden

- 30 year old headlights, even if in perfect working order, are pretty pathetic

- the normal 12-14 miles to a gallon drops to 12-14 gallons to the mile when you are not moving

despite all this the car behaved impecabily. Oil temp & pressure, and water temp all stayed right at normal throughout the whole ordeal.

The 365 BB is clearly a car for days and open roads.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I hope there was a good glass of red waiting for you when you eventually got home!

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
A nice story. So what wine did you choose? 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts