Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There you go, I spent the weekend at Marbella in the south Iberian coast driving my 550 and met with this nice bunch of people with their awesome Ferraris.

The host was Tenor Toni Balli, who drives a second-to-none red 575F1. He owns a restaurant on the world famous "Goden mile" where we all met.

Then we drove in line to a nearby golf club for a refreshment, and then back out (more of a spirited drive) to the marina of Puerto Banus to have lunch at an Italian restaurant where the club gathers around a large table with a helmet having belonged to Martin Brundle in a transparent box on the middle of the table.

The room was nicely decorated with a small (about 1/8 size) replica of a 50s formula 1 racer hanging on the wall and had a couple of big screens on two other walls. We all watched the Hungarian Grand Prix live. Everytime Massa pulled a competitive stunt, among the applauses and acclaim shouting, I believe I heard a few "OLEHs!". Mind you, this is Spain.

Great fun and very nice people at the Ferrari Club of Andalusia.

Those of you that have the opportunity to show up over there, don't miss their meetings, you too JJS612.

1st picture was taken outside Toni's restaurant while everyone gathered, and 2nd picture was the lineup to enter the marina.

:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Looks and sounds like it was a great time.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Love that convertible Redhead I wonder who did the aftermarket?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love that convertible Redhead I wonder who did the aftermarket?
They told me, I forgot. There's supposed to be only 5 cars such as this one.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
great pictures, thanks for sharing!

how was the trip to Spain in the 550?

a blast, I guess hehehehehe

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I know that TR's are wide, but in spider form it looks really wide. I'm not a fan of yellow Ferrari's, but that does look great in yellow. Definitely not a car for a shy retiring person

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Wow, it is hard to imagine having such a good time like that. Hopefully Chris and I will be able to have some meetings like that someday, seeing as how we'll both be getting out of school and into the workforce about the same time.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
great pictures, thanks for sharing!

how was the trip to Spain in the 550?

a blast, I guess hehehehehe
Yeah, actually about 800 km each way, and that took pretty long because of the traffic (about 5hrs either way). But always a blast driving that big GT at any speed. Most cars just clear out of the way as you approach, and that helps keep up the average. :cool:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like a great trip.

Here are a few more pictures of the TR Spider.
So Boxer, you have actually been there and met the team down in Andalucia?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Boxer, thanks for the pictures - once again, great job!

agp22, sorry to hear you got traffic, I really didn't see any major jams on the roads outside the cities while I was there

still, that isn't enough to spoil a trip in a 550 around such a beautiful region

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I think any car looks better done in convertibles even SKODAS..

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!..:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts