Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Monday, I went with a bunch for friends to a "custom" safety driving course skewed a bit towards drifting. As already experienced at the Ferrari Mugello and Fiorano driving courses, the 550 is a much easier drifter, easier to unsettle on the torque curve and then control, you just have to be careful with the inertia of the barge and the limited steering angle.

I did not try the 360 in those conditions but at the Ferrari driving courses, I had found it to be a lot more touchy due to the peakish power delivery: either not enough and you understeer, or too much and you spin instantly. The skilled driver of the black 360 had similar difficulties.
The skid pad was supposed to have a friction coefficient of 0.4, quite slippery.

A couple of pics are already posted here alongside an inside video, more to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
Boxer said:
Looks like great fun. I think these days really help improve your driving skills.

Looking forward to seeing the next set of pictures.

I would love to do something like that for the very reason you posted. You learn a lot about the limitations of the car and your driving when you do things like that. The more you know about both of those things the better off you are, in my opinion.

Cant wait for more pics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts