Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The door sill plates on my 328 were pretty beat up, and I cringe to think what they cost new. As an alternative, I worked with a guy in Ohio to make some aftermarket ones that would look appropriate for the car. It's a little hard to tell from the photos, but the material is 1/16" brushed aluminum (much thicker than the originals), with the word Ferrari satin-etched in. Then the whole thing is clear coated. The word Ferrari, which is one inch tall, is placed low because the top one-half inch of the sill plate is under the weatherstripping. Once installed, Ferrari appears centered. Once the car sill is cleaned, it takes about two minutes to install with the attached two-sided tape. I'm pleased - what do you guys think?

Clint will be glad to work with you for other Ferraris, too. He charged me $99 plus $10 to ship. We finalized the design on Saturday, he built them on Sunday, shipped them on Monday, and I got them Tuesday at noon! Can't do much better than that. His email is [email protected]
-Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
whiteNSX said:
The door sill plates on my 328 were pretty beat up, and I cringe to think what they cost new. As an alternative, I worked with a guy in Ohio to make some aftermarket ones that would look appropriate for the car. It's a little hard to tell from the photos, but the material is 1/16" brushed aluminum (much thicker than the originals), with the word Ferrari satin-etched in. Then the whole thing is clear coated. The word Ferrari, which is one inch tall, is placed low because the top one-half inch of the sill plate is under the weatherstripping. Once installed, Ferrari appears centered. Once the car sill is cleaned, it takes about two minutes to install with the attached two-sided tape. I'm pleased - what do you guys think?

Clint will be glad to work with you for other Ferraris, too. He charged me $99 plus $10 to ship. We finalized the design on Saturday, he built them on Sunday, shipped them on Monday, and I got them Tuesday at noon! Can't do much better than that. His email is [email protected]
-Steve
They look OK in the pictures, are you going to retain and refurbish the originals?

Does Clint work in any other materials, i.e., Carbon Fibre ?

Argento

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll keep the originals, but I don't think there's much that one can do with them. Even if I were to straighten them out, they would then have to be re-anodized, a process that is not so easy. I think they look pretty cheap anyway, which is why I went with the aftermarket ones.

I don't know if Clint does CF, might be worth an email.

Steve

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I think they look great. Actually better than the originals. :)

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Very very nice....

Good price too!

~

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sill Plates on eBay

There is another guy selling similar looking sill plates on eBay for something like $18 ! Be aware that the dimensions are a lot smaller than the stock sill plates. -Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
I see this thread is a few years old - does anyone have any updates? Tried to contact Clint a few days ago but haven't heard anything back.

·
Registered
862 Posts
328 sills

Wow, those look really cool . I would love to get a set for my 328, my sills are in good shape, but would love to have these as well.

·
Premium Member
11,886 Posts
hypersonic- Welcome to Ferrari Life. Did some work on the X-51. Any connection for you with the airbreathing mafia?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts