·
Registered
218 Posts
Maybe the owners took off the markings?

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But it doesn't make sense, it would have to be filled (holes that hold model number) sanded if body filler was used or grinded if welds were used to fill the holes, then repainted...

Why would anyone go though all that work just to remove the numbers...

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
It doesn't make sense to me. My first guess would also be that someone removed them. The other thing would be that they removed it in photoshop, but why they would do this also doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I see that a lot on Acuras, BMWs, Hondas and other 'ricers' but I've never seen it on a ferrari. Ive always wondered what kind of work it took to accomplish that goal and why someone would do it. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
The first thing I thought when I saw the 238 was that perhaps it had had some rear end damage and the shop forgot to put the badge back on. But then the 348 missing the badge also? And both cars in Canada? Weird!

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I found another picture and it doesn't have 328 GTS on the rear but has a key hole instead ?!?!could it be that someone changed the panel from a key hole to one with nothing for security ??? At this point I dont know anymore how to spot an undamaged 328 besides all paper work. My wife thinks someone put in reverse and backed up into something thinking it was 1st gear....any thoughts out there ???

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
After looking at several photos (some right in our gallery) I am not convinced the badges are drilled into the car as there are others without the badge. My other theory, which I plan to investigate, is that some owners requested before the car was made to not have the badge.

The key hole photo you just posted is really confusing me. I have no idea on this one.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Some owners like a clean look so they either order the car without the badge, or take it off later (which will damage the paint I think) and resprayed.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would be surprised to see Ferrari stick on their model badges on their cars but hey anything is possible but a key hole as well, you need to have proper mounting space as well as a solid area to hold it from twisting.

Since I have seen all this, im a little confused because going from cable latch open to key is not as easy as sticking or not sticking a badge or to not drill holes (whichever was used)

I could see where people would want no badges to keep the clean look but why only order the car without 328 GTS and not all badges, its kind of stupid to have only 328 GTS not installed but have the Ferrari badges on the rear, mirrors, hood and Pininfarina on the driver side and somer SF on the front fenders, why not all ???

Enzo250GTO let me know what you find, im very curious about this...especially since reverse gear is where the 1st gear is on other cars, this makes me wonder if its a bodyman mistake/customer asking to not have it re-installed etc. from a reverse accident !!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Porsche and Audi offer 'debadged' cars straight from the factory

A 'clean' RS6 = the ultimate Q-car?

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Botto,

Do they also offer no keyholes ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
magnum6464 said:
But it doesn't make sense, it would have to be filled (holes that hold model number) sanded if body filler was used or grinded if welds were used to fill the holes, then repainted.....
The '328' and the 'GTS' markings are stick-on & do not require mounting holes. The Cavallino has mounting holes.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Qferrari,

As for the key hole, any thoughts ???

·
Registered
218 Posts
Sorry, I hadn't noticed the keyholes were gone also, I just thought the cars were 'debadged' :oops:

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No problem botto, you had me worried for a minute, thought I was losing touch with cars when you said they also order them without as well as badges....(key holes) :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts