Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

About a year has passed since my last post and I am much closer to Ferrari ownership than I was :D Perhaps as soon as Early 2009. Anyway, I breifly looked into getting a Lotus Esprit Turbo, but decided Id much rather have a Ferrari(1st love in life) if Im going to be spending that much.

With the Esprit I found that specialty insurance puts serious limits on how far one can drive. Sure its cheaper, but I dont want a garage queen. So I was wondering if anyone has or knows of a good place for unlimited milage insurance?

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I know the classic car, exotic, and other specialty insurances usually puts a limit on how many miles you rack up and sometimes how often you drive. My Buddy has an old classic and to get even cheaper insurance he had to agree that he would ONLY drive it on weekends. I don't know how much insurance would be if you were to use it as a daily driver. Of course that also depends on which Ferrari you have you eye on.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I do have a restriction on my insurance: 12,000 kms/year. Last year I went over that so I had to re-new the policy after 11 months. This year I know I will be driving less, 12,000 is not that restrictive in my opinion.

Other restrictions I have: can't leave it parked outside at my house overnight, can't use it as a daily driver.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your responses so far!

I have my eyes on either a 308QV or 328. Still cant fully decide :D
What insurance company do you go with for the unlimited milage, Boxer? I should give them a call if they'll insure me in the US.

Im not planning on using it for a daily driver, but I certainly dont want to rule that out as a possibility. *IF* a daily driver I dont think Id be much over 300miles a week (just about all freeway miles) if that makes any difference. And the occaisional loooong road trip of course.

Does anyone have any good experiance with certain companies?

And one last random question. Does anyone know off hand if the GTS top can ride in the car? (e.g. behind the seats)

Thanks again, much appriciated.

-Darren

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Pete has a 308 that I believe he has insured fully. If I recall, he paying nearly nothing. I'm not sure but he's using Haggerty.

He's a busy guy right now but you might PM him

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haggerty was the first place I checked actually, and they had told me that "We understand and want our customers to drive their cars, so we can allow 50/mi. a week."

I was crushed to hear that someone in the insurance industry had thought to put milage limits on cars.

So naturally, I asked if they could do unlimited, and it turned out they couldn't.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Thanks for answering about the GTS roof, being that Im 5'11 it shouldnt be too big a deal.
I'm 6.00 Ft, stowing the roof behind the seat of my 328 GTS didn't effect the driving position at all, in fact I could have moved the seat back another couple of inches easily. Leg room isn't a problem in the 328, but head room is in short supply if you are over 6 ft.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'm 6.00 Ft, stowing the roof behind the seat of my 328 GTS didn't effect the driving position at all, in fact I could have moved the seat back another couple of inches easily. Leg room isn't a problem in the 328, but head room is in short supply if you are over 6 ft.
Me being 6'5" maybe I should just leave the top off when I get one :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts