Ferrari Life Forum banner

141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thought I'd mention that I finally removed my OEM exhaust to install the Ferrari sport exhaust and noticed that the thermal expansion was enough to push my stock muffler back into the rear where the weld seam on the muffler actually contacted the bracket just below the bonnet latch (spider) when hot.

Was a bit surprised how much that muffler moved back. My stock brackets were removed last year, and I don't think there was contact before, at least I never noticed it. The black paint was worn away in a couple spots, making the contact quite obvious. I believe removing the support brackets allowed the exhaust/bow bracket to expand much more.

Those who have brackets removed may want to check to see if you have the same condition. Nothing serious, just some flat black paint rubbed off and some scars (wear marks).

As soon as I collect a couple more 12mm wrench styles and build up a bit of confidence, I have a set of Tubi manifolds I plan to install.

I also noticed on my '06 that I believe I have only one O2 sensor downstream in the cat and only a thermocouple upstream in the manifolds. I would think that CEL's from AM manifolds w/o pre-cats would be much less common on the earlier cars like mine.

Joe

·
Registered
10 Posts
amazing post with great description. thank you!!
Can you still report the positive effect of the capristo brackets after all these years?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Hello Christophe, thank you for your nice comment.

Sorry but it's now already a long time I removed these aftermarket brackets. I believe I posted this somewhere here but can't find it. Anyway, the result was that these brackets are creating a strong link between the engine and the chassis which at end isn't a good idea and caused a lot vibrations and torsion. The best solution after all is to remove the OEM brackets which support the cats. They are the cause of all the troubles and once removed, the exhaust line can nicely expand again just as it has been done originally on the 360. The bow sitting on the gearbox is strong enough to hold the entire exhaust line while it allows it to expand backwards up to 2cm.
I'm driving and tracking my car since already several years that way and never has any issues anymore.

All you need to do is to remove parts marked in red, that's all.

Attachments

141 - 144 of 144 Posts