Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have experience of engine trouble shooting issues. i would like to know what s the issue,when the engine at idling speed goes at high speed (2000 rpm) by ist own.
thanks for replying

br

·
Registered
979 Posts
Is it a USA version with the two R1/R2 points selection indicated by the brownish electrical contact device over cylinder 2 that is activated by the throttle rod?
If so, perhaps your throttle rod needs adjusting or lubricating

Motor vehicle Auto part Electrical wiring Gas Technology

·
Registered
11 Posts
The other item to check is an air leak in the intake system. That electrical switch shorts out your "idle points" and allows your main set of points to fire the ignition at a much more advanced timing which wouldn`t allow for a very stable idle if they were also expected to service low speed running.
I would lubricate your throttle shafts which should be part of your scheduled maintenance anyway as if neglected they can stick. If this doesn`t fix look for that air leak. I use a can of Easy Start and spray around the intake manifold and carburettor bases. I also do around the throttle spindles as the last step if I haven`t discovered the leak but remember to re lubricate these shafts after you have sprayed the Easy Start around them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts