Ferrari Life Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
i can post some pic of brakes later i am in thailand for holiday now, i do as soon as i have time
peter
hi jimmy here you can see the brakes, made for this car only the biggest to fit a 16 inch wheel i only have 3mm clearance from wheel to caliper
engine is fitted with 44IDF carburettor and a special airfilter,only some other modification is made to this engine, i build a new engine with more hp for this season
ppl can love or hate this car cuz it is not original, but i have alot more fun when i brake this car than with the bad standard brakes i had before
and in my and many others apinion a Dino looks much better without the bumpers

Attachments

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Thank You, 246GTS. Cannot even imagine the stopping power with that kind of brakes ! Is there much dead weight difference between the standard and yours ?
On a side note, I think Daytona can use an absolute, powerful brake like that.
Thanx again for showing us your splendid work. w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thank You, 246GTS. Cannot even imagine the stopping power with that kind of brakes ! Is there much dead weight difference between the standard and yours ?
On a side note, I think Daytona can use an absolute, powerful brake like that.
Thanx again for showing us your splendid work. w/ smiles Jimmy
hi jimmy, the front disc and 6 pot caliper has the same weight as the original, the rear 4 pot caliper and disc i think is little less than standard in weight
with those big rear racing tires that realy grip the asphalt,from 260 to zero will stop the car really fast
peter

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
That sounds super. I have no doubt that braking response is in another league. Also was curious as to those big tires altering the handling and ride quality. Nevertheless, amazing improvements to Dino. Thanx for sharing your work with us, Peter. w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Registered
40 Posts
That sounds super. I have no doubt that braking response is in another league. Also was curious as to those big tires altering the handling and ride quality. Nevertheless, amazing improvements to Dino. Thanx for sharing your work with us, Peter. w/ smiles Jimmy
yes the tires help the braking, 2 years ago i was speeding 180 when i did look my rear mirror it was blue lights i did hit the brakes and in 2 seconds i was down to 80, thanks to those brakes, i could have lost my licence for long time but the police just looked the car and drove on :yikes:
the springs i have is specialy made for this car i had alot of problem before i had the right springs and height on car, i wanted to have it as low as possible so the body follow the wheels
black is beauti
peter

Attachments

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Amazing parts and knowledge to put it together like that, Peter. No doubt your Dino is of a different performance than the original.

Regarding the 180 and down to 80, assuming it is km., here in Japan max is 80kph and if I get stopped at 180, I would be detained, booked and license revoked. I know that people in your country are a bit nuts for speeding but indeed you were lucky too.

Have you done much changes to the inside too ? Thanx for posting. w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would have big problem if the police would take me at that speed, i would lose my licence for long time :yikes: but life is no fun if i can not drive on hight speed
i have remade the interior with black leather, and dash covered with new fabric, i will redo the body next year i hope

·
Registered
26 Posts
Model: 246 GT - L-series
Year: 1970
Steering: LHD
Chassis number: 01072
Ferrari colour: Rosso Chiaro
Interior colour: Nero w/ Daytona Leather seats

·
Registered
35 Posts
Another red and black one!

A little late adding this but details of my Dino:
Model : 246GT
Year : 1973
Steering : RHD
Chassis : 06092
Ferrari colour : Rosso Chiaro
Interior : Nero

No particular featrures but they are all a bit special, are they not?
Have tried to attach a photo but may not have been successful!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,888 Posts
Jack- Beautiful car. They do melt away if they see salt. One fender on my old Dino was rusted out after only three years. I think most of them had rust coming out of the factory.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dino 246 GTS
1974-one of the last produced
LHD
USA
Nero/tan leather interior
Restored 1995 and 2008
Multiple award winner
I've owned it for 11 years and do much of the work myself-it's therapeutic

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,888 Posts
Doc- Welcome and that is a really pretty Dino. Serial Number in the 8000s, then?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the following:
206 GT Rosso Chiarro
246GT Azzurro Metallizzato
246GTS Blue Dino Metallizzato

Attachments

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
I have the following:
206 GT Rosso Chiarro
246GT Azzurro Metallizzato
246GTS Blue Dino Metallizzato
Welcome to FL, Jon. Absolutely gorgeous Dinos as usual and better than factory new too !

I have had followed your restoration over at the other site and was impressed by your passion and diligence. I wish I knew someone over here in Japan whom I can bestow my Dino L (1969) for such outstanding work. I know you do not do that for living, but how impressive that is. Looks like a petite Dino factory there. Just curious,...seems like the numbers have increased since and do you keep them all for personal enjoyment or part with them ?

Thank you for sharing yours here.

w/ smiles

Jimmy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to FL, Jon. Absolutely gorgeous Dinos as usual and better than factory new too !

I have had followed your restoration over at the other site and was impressed by your passion and diligence. I wish I knew someone over here in Japan whom I can bestow my Dino L (1969) for such outstanding work. I know you do not do that for living, but how impressive that is. Looks like a petite Dino factory there. Just curious,...seems like the numbers have increased since and do you keep them all for personal enjoyment or part with them ?

Thank you for sharing yours here.

w/ smiles

Jimmy
It's still my hobby, although in the picture of my shop only the red 206 is mine. I'm working on several others right now. All of them going back to original colors.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts