1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

You might have seen in my thread about making a 308 GTB into rallying:

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?p=54189#post54189

I am in the process of finding a suitable car to base my project upon. Looking at different cars, I would be extremely gratefull if someone could give me a hint about the differences between the US version and the non-US version of the 308 GTB.

The project will be based upon a fibreglass model.

Thanks for your kind help

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Good morning,

Realised that US-fibreglass 308 GTB's do not have drysump... Anyone out there who knows how easy it is to fit that to a US-car ?

Thanks
Morten

·
Administrator
15,145 Posts
Good morning,

Realised that US-fibreglass 308 GTB's do not have drysump... Anyone out there who knows how easy it is to fit that to a US-car ?

Thanks
Morten
Very difficult and expensive.

Suggest you get a copy of:

Original Ferrari V8 (Original) (Hardcover)
by Keith Bluemel (Author)

which details all the differences between the US and Euro cars as well as the different 308 models.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
have you located a car yet? If you have, I'd love to see some photo's of the before and after, as well as the work in progress. Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
have you located a car yet? If you have, I'd love to see some photo's of the before and after, as well as the work in progress. Good luck.
Hey archiegibbs,

I am looking at two cars at the moment, if all goes well, I have purchased one within 8-10 days. If that happens, I intend to create a homepage with the progress of my project :D

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Morten,
Good luck with the purchase. Can't wait to see the progress report.

Where/when will the rally take place?

Best wishes
Archie

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Archie,

My ultimate aim, is to drive the Historique Tour de Corse rally and other rallyes like Rally San Remo. In order to do so, I have to regain my international rally license after 17 years absence, so the list of participation for the danish rally championship, will include my name also :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for supporting me :)

Well if Circuit of Ireland exists as historic rally, then that could be a good idea... I will most likely keep the car on tarmac, I think RAC will be too rough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts