Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Do you mean every name that has ever designed a Ferrari? Or do you mean everybody that has designed a body of an prduction car? Barchetta had a link to the first group, but it doesn't work at the moment.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dr. Bob said:
Do you mean every name that has ever designed a Ferrari? Or do you mean everybody that has designed a body of an prduction car? Barchetta had a link to the first group, but it doesn't work at the moment.
Both would be cool, but I mean a list of companies not individual names, that has designed a production car.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Zagato officially bodied four cars only and that was back in the late Fifties on 250 TdF chassis.

Zagato did a few more in the Seventies (a 330 or 365 GTC, or GTS), plus did a Testarossa in the Eighties and a limited series (18 or so) of 348's in the Ninties. Customer-ordered only, after the stock car was produced. The TR was an exercise and only used for auto shows.

I may have forgotten one or two more from Zagato.

Other Coachbuilders in no particular order:

Abarth (one 1953 166MM)
Bertone
Vignale
Stabilimenti Farina (before it became Pinnin Farina)
Ghia
Drogo
Fantuzzi
of course Scaglietti (before they became the "house" coachbuilder for PF)
Boano (later became Ellena)

All I can think of for now. There was a Swiss company called Felber that made one or two goofy-looking cars in the Seventies, but I wouldn't consider them as serious production.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
i might have to read that i bit more carefull, but it seems that there's one missing from that list
Ghia Aigle
they builded 2 212 Coupe's if i'm correct

·
Registered
824 Posts
I think the only design done by Bertone was the 308 GT4.

Boano and Ellena indeed were related, I believe they were brothers-in-law?

I cannot think of any other yet as Peter did.

Niels

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
250lm said:
I think the only design done by Bertone was the 308 GT4.

Niels
Didn't bertone also did the concept on the Rainbow??

and i believe there was also one in the late 50ths early 60ths?
or am i thinking too much of zagato now?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yes they did but that was only a special based on the GT4. I must have added that it was the only production Ferrari designed by Bertone.

The Belgians win ;-)

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice thread and info, thanks guys. I'll do more research and add this to the models section. Look for another good topic in the Ferrari register.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
[quote='75 308 GT4 (Peter)]Bertone did more than just one type of Ferrari. Yes, they did my GT4, but they also built one on a 1962 250 GT model, S/N:3269. Shown at the '62 Geneva show and used by Nuccio Bertone as a daily-driver!

They could have also made one or two more "custom" Ferraris...[/quote]

HA
i knew it, i'm pretty sure that i have it in a mag or book somewhere
don't think i have a pic on my pc but i will dig a little bit

1 - 15 of 15 Posts