Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

When I purchased the 308, I knew there was about a two inch crease in the front left fender. Still, the mechanical check was near perfect so the compromise was easy especially since there was no paint deficiencies from the crease. So, I got ahold of a "Dent Wizard" yesterday. I drove the car to his house after hours and he fixed it on the spot. Oh baby, was it nice to see that crease slowly coming undone and the scrape disappeared with a little polish. The cost? $150. The satisfaction in seeing that damn thing gone? Priceless. Take a look at their web-site; the photos are no joke.

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tifoso_boy,

He used this tool that gently eased the crease out from the inside. Then, he used a small hammer and tool to even the surface that was pushed out around the crease. It reminded me of repairing a divet on a green from a golf ball. It was great to watch happen! :D :D He also mounted a small glare panel on the surface to better view the dent.

DJ,

I'm not sure if you read a few posts back but I'm kicking myself for letting the movers pack my digital camera! What a bummer time not to have the camera. :green: :green:

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Don't worry Dane, I've read it
How could you pack your camera with household gear :question:

But i meaned in your first post of this thread you wrote: Take a look at their web-site; the photos are no joke.

Well i can't find the foto's you are referring too

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
apperently i didn't scroll down :oops:

but i gotta say, that's amazing
Dane now i understand why you are so exited
but it's a shame that you don't have pics, that would have been neat

·
Registered
457 Posts
Dane,

I have had similar satisfaction in the past with Dent Wizard. Their technicians are well trained and skilled. I have a local Dent Wizard technician who is a perfectionist and a true artist in his field.

Barry

·
Registered
286 Posts
Barry, The Dent Wizard is like having your own doctor. I dropped a paint can on the L/R 1/4 panel of my 308 and about had a heart attack. The guy came out, I removed the inner fender, and he removed the dent completely and the scratch also. It cost me $84.00.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Magoo,

My Dent Wizard technician is wonderful. He's been doing paintless repair for many years and is the ultimate perfectionist. He's helped me several times in the past with my other cars. He laughed when I last saw him in May to take care of a few dings I collected on my Miata over the years. I told him about my fiberglass GTB and he said "Well, I guess I won't be seeing that car." I reminded him that the hood is aluminum to which he responded "I'll be here if you need me."

A very comforting thought.

Barry

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got a small dent too. i should be getting it fixed in a couple of weeks.

Your not going to believe this, but my poor mother fell on my car. Her chin hit the tire flare on the right front fendor.

She broke her chin and put a noticeable dent in the fendor. the Dent guy says it will be no problem.

Poor Mom, it looked like I had punched her right in the chin. Her whole face turned black and blue.

·
Registered
533 Posts
tifosi1 said:
I got a small dent too. i should be getting it fixed in a couple of weeks.

Your not going to believe this, but my poor mother fell on my car. Her chin hit the tire flare on the right front fender.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: . Is she alright?? How did it happen??

·
Registered
286 Posts
Man, You got to watch where you park that Ferrari so people won't fall over it. I sure hope your Mom is OK. That had to hurt.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts