Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, do any of you have experience dealing with Forza Motorsports in Connecticut or with the guys over at Italian auto in Arizona (John and Hooper, I think). Forza seems to get a good variety of cars in and the prices seem to be generally reasonable. I am just starting to look for my current dream car of old, a 308 GTB (or 308 GTB QV) and am trying to round up recommendations for knowledgeable, honest car dealers. I mean to make the car into a daily driver so I need to find one that has been reasonably well maintained. Any tips or advice are always welcome (I've been doing research for a few months now and have seen pretty much every buyers guide out). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Peter Sweeney from Forza Motorsports has a great reputation . Bill Pollard from the same area is a top shelf guy for service.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input, guys. I'll keep Forza motorsports in mind, though I am still hoping to avoid having to ship a car across the country when I find the right one (that hope grows dimmer with each passing day...)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ferrari of Central Florida ask for John Slimen 407-667-4300 tell him [email protected] sent you.

·
Registered
177 Posts
308 Gtb

If your still looking, you could give Gregg Thies at Ron Tonkin GT in Portland Oregon a call (877) 840-5146 . WWW.RTGT.com. He has his personal GTB for sale. Very nice, very well maintained. Definately worth a good look.

Cheers!

Kurt

·
Registered
36 Posts
Boxer said:
I have heard generally good things about Forza Motorsports in CT. You might also want to try Bill Pollard at SportAuto in CT. Bill received very positive comments in an article in the Feb 05 issue of Forza magazine.
hi boxer , wondering if you had a copy of that article on bill pollard . he was also in the nov 06 addition of hemmings sport and exotic . i have known pete and bill for 20 plus years . billy worked with yuri before going to bob sharpe ferrari . he still tells me what to do . lmao . peter is what ferrari is about .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Terrible experience with Peter at Forza Motorsports in CT. He made a deal with my mother verbally and in text message over the phone saying "we have a deal." My mother repeated "so the car is mine it's not going to anyone else?" Peter said "no, the car is yours we have a deal." Then two days later when Peter said he would be free she was planning on driving the three hours back to CT to pay he said he sold it to another dealer because it needed some work. The for sale sign however, read "car runs very well, shifts nicely, good power." He then was very rude about the situation.

I later called him just now to figure out what had happened yesterday and he was extremely rude to me over the phone. I said I was calling to find out what happened between he and my mother and why she was so upset. All he had to say was that he sold the car to a friend who would fix it. "So I should move move on goodbye" in an aggressively rude and condescending tone.

He did not explain what had happened or offer to find or sell another porsche to my mother. He was not pleasant to deal with. He breaks promises and seems to be the quintessentially bad used cars salesmen. I have owned 4 used porsches (3 of which I still own) and am only 28 years old. I plan to buy many more as time goes on, but I will not buy a single one from this guy. Every post I have read about him is from almost 10 years ago. I would not trust any of the old posts about him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yea It would seem so, but don't tell her that haha. I like your cars. The 550 Maranello has to be my favorite Ferrari over the past 30 years non F40 F50.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Terrible experience with Peter at Forza Motorsports in CT. He made a deal with my mother verbally and in text message over the phone saying "we have a deal." My mother repeated "so the car is mine it's not going to anyone else?" Peter said "no, the car is yours we have a deal." Then two days later when Peter said he would be free she was planning on driving the three hours back to CT to pay he said he sold it to another dealer because it needed some work. The for sale sign however, read "car runs very well, shifts nicely, good power." He then was very rude about the situation.

I later called him just now to figure out what had happened yesterday and he was extremely rude to me over the phone. I said I was calling to find out what happened between he and my mother and why she was so upset. All he had to say was that he sold the car to a friend who would fix it. "So I should move move on goodbye" in an aggressively rude and condescending tone.

He did not explain what had happened or offer to find or sell another porsche to my mother. He was not pleasant to deal with. He breaks promises and seems to be the quintessentially bad used cars salesmen. I have owned 4 used porsches (3 of which I still own) and am only 28 years old. I plan to buy many more as time goes on, but I will not buy a single one from this guy. Every post I have read about him is from almost 10 years ago. I would not trust any of the old posts about him.
The whole premise of making a deal is an exchange for goods or services.

You or your Mom should have put down a deposit - without that there is no deal.

Not saying what he did was right - but 500.00 on a credit card would have sealed it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
She attempted to put money down, wire a deposit and even drive 3 hours back to pay the full price of the car. He replied "we have a deal" multiple times and were to meet again in two days to take care of everything. She made every possible attempt to give him the money. He would only say we have a deal and was then unreachable for those two days until we were heading down to meet him and he said he had already sold it along with saying it had problems now. He told my mother he sold it to a dealer. He told me he sold it to a friend. And that we should get over it then he hung up on us. Made no attempt to apologize or sell us another car. In the couple weeks since this incident I can say we have added to our collection by me purchasing an 1985 911 3.2 and my mother purchasing a 1979 911 SC. We now have our 6th Porsche 79 SC, 83 930 turbo, 84 944, 85 911 3.2, 87 944 turbo, and a 99 911 996 Cab. I am sure my family will get more but none will be from this guy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts