Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I guess prices of daytona's are stable for some time now. It's remarkable how many daytona's are for sale, especially compared to 330 GTC's or 250 GTE's.
Good negotiation perspective for future daytona buyers.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Wait another 3 months, I'm sure they'll have fallen by then.

Onno
I would expect the same. Many of the offered Daytonas have their place in the net since monthes. The grey one offered in Antwerpen,Belgium retreated in price from Euro 250' to 225'. When I've called him several month ago, the seller told me that 250 is fix in stone..! The car looks quite nice. www.anamera.com

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would expect the same. Many of the offered Daytonas have their place in the net since monthes. The grey one offered in Antwerpen,Belgium retreated in price from Euro 250' to 225'. When I've called him several month ago, the seller told me that 250 is fix in stone..! The car looks quite nice. www.anamera.com
I have also run across these two which looked quite nice:

http://www.ferrari2000.de/carsdetail.asp?carkey=104&rsindex=2

http://www.anamera.com/en/detail/car/20324/index.html?no_cache=1&ret=63

The second appears to be a private sale. I tried to call the owner but ran into a bit of a language barrier.......

Anyone have more info on either ?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Dear Comrades,

For myself, the Daytona holds no appeal whatsoever and am surprised that they have increased in price to the degree that they have. Does anyone else see the similarity in the frontal design to that of the Rover SD1 of the same period?

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Registered
490 Posts
2nd car doesn't look as sharp as the 1st:cool:

Mr Vulcan F-40 Sir, I believe the styling of the SD1 was based on the D/t - but as it was done by British Leyland it didn't really work (much like most of their products:D ).

I really rate the D/t as a driver's car (but bear in mind I've never driven an F40 or 50:( ) with Koni's on the rear you can really feel the back end biting into the corners, not as vintage in feel as the 250's & 330's and not the more fragile feel of the later cars.
But can one live with the build quality?

Cheers, Al.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2nd car doesn't look as sharp as the 1st:cool:

I really rate the D/t as a driver's car (but bear in mind I've never driven an F40 or 50:( ) with Koni's on the rear you can really feel the back end biting into the corners, not as vintage in feel as the 250's & 330's and not the more fragile feel of the later cars.
But can one live with the build quality?

Cheers, Al.
Al, The pictures on #1 are definitely much sharper. My guess is that this is as much to do with an experienced dealer knowing how and what to shoot vs a private seller (#2).

Any preference between the early plexi headlight models and the later ones ?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Very good point on the pics.

I do think the pop up lamp cars have a less fussy look to them - they are a TOTAL nightmare to gap & level correctly though, but it's such a personal thing that I wouldn't take any notice of other peoples' opinions (mine included;) ).
Cheers, Al.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Al has a good point, it very personal. I like the that look of the turned-down looking lamps just visible above the short chrome bumpers, though. So for me it is the pop-up version.

BTW, I agree that the first one looks very nice. A private seller should hire a decent photographer for a car as important and expensive as this. I'm sure you'll get the couple of hundred back in interest. What I also find irritating is if people do not photograph the interior - the interior says A LOT about the state of the car, IMO.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Al, The pictures on #1 are definitely much sharper. My guess is that this is as much to do with an experienced dealer knowing how and what to shoot vs a private seller (#2).

Any preference between the early plexi headlight models and the later ones ?
Perfect estimate Boxer. A "Urban" car may have a strong dealers tendency included: Sell a 100' product for 120' if you can use the wax rightfully.

Additionaly I would tend for the "original" Plexi version if at all. But why you do not try once a well sorted, perfect carburation and ignition aligned 330 GTC. Besides I would be very happy to help you out with Franch language if any need ever.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Perfect estimate Boxer. A "Urban" car may have a strong dealers tendency included: Sell a 100' product for 120' if you can use the wax rightfully.

Additionaly I would tend for the "original" Plexi version if at all. But why you do not try once a well sorted, perfect carburation and ignition aligned 330 GTC. Besides I would be very happy to help you out with Franch language if any need ever.
I agree, personally I would opt for the plexi on the Daytona. Will need to take a look at both a few Daytonas and 330 GTCs before deciding though. Personally 275 GTS is no longer an option unless prices drop dramatically.

Much appreciate the offer on helping with translations, I will defintely need some help in the coming months.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Boxer,
I leave two blocks from the private seller of the daytona you tried to call, if you have a list of questions, I can call him and ask him whatever you want and maybe organize some apointment to see the car. I would be able to take pictures more precisely of what you need.
If you're interest, I could also call a couple of Ferrari mechanic in town to see if they know this car.
don't hesitate to ask, you're helping so much people with your posts, this is the less than I can do...
and a real pleasure to be the one who can simulate to be a daytona buyer...
ps. according to the licence plate, the car is two hours drive from Paris south east... but a seller of such car may have it available for apointment in Paris I guess

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Boxer,
I leave two blocks from the private seller of the daytona you tried to call, if you have a list of questions, I can call him and ask him whatever you want and maybe organize some apointment to see the car. I would be able to take pictures more precisely of what you need.
If you're interest, I could also call a couple of Ferrari mechanic in town to see if they know this car.
don't hesitate to ask, you're helping so much people with your posts, this is the less than I can do...
and a real pleasure to be the one who can simulate to be a daytona buyer...
ps. according to the licence plate, the car is two hours drive from Paris south east... but a seller of such car may have it available for apointment in Paris I guess
Jelhma,
What a wonderful offer. If you could give him a quick call to find out the asking price, mileage, general condition, number of owners, when and where it was last serviced, and the chassis number, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Boxer

·
Registered
60 Posts
Jelhma,
What a wonderful offer. If you could give him a quick call to find out the asking price, mileage, general condition, number of owners, when and where it was last serviced, and the chassis number, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Boxer
no problems, I will do these calls tomorrow, based on the ad, this is VIN N° 13829, and this is the third owner whom says that the kilometer are true. Sold new in switzerland, interior color red !
Have you got an idea of how long this seller try to sell ?
I let you know and don't be afraid, I have good manner !
I saw on this website there's plenty of daytona to buy in Europe. I thought it was more confidential.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no problems, I will do these calls tomorrow, based on the ad, this is VIN N° 13829, and this is the third owner whom says that the kilometer are true. Sold new in switzerland, interior color red !
Have you got an idea of how long this seller try to sell ?
I let you know and don't be afraid, I have good manner !
I saw on this website there's plenty of daytona to buy in Europe. I thought it was more confidential.
Much appreciated. I have no idea how long it has been on the market but believe it has been for a while.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm on it, but regular telephone line doesn't hook up and cellular's: he answers the phone but it cut right away, maybe he doesn't have network or battery...
None of the mechanics I've call know about this car in Paris but I don't know people from Pozzi.
I'll try after lunch time, I'll let you know.
Personal question: do you prefer to have a LHD car in england ? or is it just for a better following sell in the future ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts