Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where I can obtain certification of the actual build date of my 1990 Ferrari Mondial T cabriolet

Putting this car back together and want to find out everything about it, originally a UK delivered car.

Any help at all would be appreciated :D

·
Registered
770 Posts
If it's a UK car it will have been imported through Maranello Concessionaires - you can contact them on 01784 436222.

Not sure if they'll have this information - but if they don't you'll struggle to find anyone else outside of the factory that would be able to tell you. They keep meticulous records of all the cars they sell.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, Bazil,

What a fast response, many thanks.

I am not in the UK but will try your contact number anyway.

Could you tell me how difficult it would be to get data out of the factory???

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
uhm, if you own the car, you can register yourself at the owners site owners.ferrari.com. I believe you can get some info there on your car, but I heard a lot of people who weren't very fond of the site. I think the best is to call the importer, they have direct acces to the factory.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Dr. Bob said:
if you own the car, you can register yourself at the owners site owners.ferrari.com. I believe you can get some info there on your car
That's right - but unfortunately I thought of that this morning and checked to see if it includes the specific date of manufacture. It doesn't - it only shows the year.

Beerman - if you're calling from outside the UK - you'll need to dial:

+441784 436222

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Getting information from the factory is very difficult. I know a writer that has recently written a historical article for Ferrari. He is now trying to get history information instead of money and it is proving difficult. Then again he is trying for a car in the 1950s

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
It shouldn't be a very big problem I think. You need to contact somebody who is close to the factory like the official importer, or the dealer you have now (if it is a official one)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys,

I'll let you know how I get on :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a quick thanks to all who were able to advise (especially Bazil).

I have received good information from Ferrari UK on the original delivery of the vehicle.

:D

·
Registered
770 Posts
Cheer Beerman - that's nice of you.

Glad you got the info you were looking for.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Beerman,

Your Mondial should have a manufacture plate on the driver's side door jamb which shows a build date; month and year anyway. Now that you've found the Ferrari Owners website, you can request a heritage certificate which goes into further detail.

Barry

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Barry,

I have not seen a build plate with that depth of details on any Ferrari that I can recall. Maybe it is a US requirement for such in depth detail???

Heritage certificate????? How does one go about getting such a document???

·
Registered
457 Posts
Beerman said:
Barry,

I have not seen a build plate with that depth of details on any Ferrari that I can recall. Maybe it is a US requirement for such in depth detail???

Heritage certificate????? How does one go about getting such a document???
Beerman,

The Ferrari Owners site is at:

http://www.owners.ferrari.com/

You'll have to register at the site. Just complete their questionaire completely certifying your ownership of the Mondial. Once registered, you can click on "Heritage Certificate" on their menu to apply for the certificate. You'll need information regarding your chassis #, engine #, gearbox #, etc.

Barry

·
Registered
770 Posts
Barry - I didn't know about that - I'll be applying for one of those myself!!

·
Registered
770 Posts
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Car isn't old enough!!! Has to be made before 1980.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts