Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok they're not really cheap, but yeah. Last night I guess the actual owner of the car was driving it, and when he pulled up to his hotel it was steaming out the back (engine). It sprayed coolant all over the place and stuff. So we thought it was just cuz he was redlining it too much or something. Then I went to pick it up from the hotel this afternoon (after filling it up with antifreeze again) and it ran fine for about 5 mins. Then it started spraying coolant all over the car again. I was pretty pissed off/depressed. Had to wait 2 hours for a god damn tow truck to come tow it to the Ferrari dealership. Oh well, he's gonna pay for the repairs and i'll have the baby back this week hopefully. :D :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
5 P's when it comes to Ferraris

Proper Prevention Prevents Piss Poor Peformance

Sounds like a bad coolant hose somewhere.

·
Registered
575 Posts
One of the main reasons for expelling coolant from the overflow tank is because of trapped air in the system. Bleeding the system using the bleed screws on the radiator and thermostat housing will stop it. If the system has been bled and it continues to do it, it could be as something as simple as the system finding its own, natural equilibrium of coolant level (not necessarily what the Owner's Manual calls for, eg: 308's - 6cm from the top of the rad. cap mouth, to the level of the coolant... Could be more or less). Or worse, the headgasket has a weak spot, where combustion goes past and squirts a little bit of "air" into the system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, got the car back. It ended up being like a hose on the water pump or radiator. It was $222 inlcuding the tow and everything. So it wasn't too bad. But it's good to know it's safe in my garage again :green:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah no kidding... last time it was there it was $900 to get it to pass emmissions. damn european model cars in the US :p

·
Registered
776 Posts
Dude...if you think the car is so cheap, send it to me. I'll take it off your hands for cheap!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts