Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you might remember, the only F50 that exists in Brazil (S/N 101919) changed hands about a year ago for something around R$ 2.5 millions (or US$ 1.4 million), and after only a few days with the car the new owner crashed it in Interlagos (during the 60 Relay celebration in São Paulo). So this is how the car looked like after that:

Now the car is repaired and selling again, but this time for R$ 1.5 million (or US$ 850 thousands). That's what you pay here for a new F430!

So if you think about it, for 3 days with the car the owner paid about US$ 700 thousands, considering that he had to pay for the repair and still the car depreciated a lot because of the crash. Great deal, isn't it? =P

So what would you prefer, the crashed-but-repaired F50 or a brand new F430 for the same money?

A picture to show how the car looks now (don't ask me why the Pininfarina logo is so high up, it wasn't like that before the crash).

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
It didn't look that bad to me. It's not like the car was totaled. If it was properly repaired I don't see the value of the car being cut by almost half. There must be more to the story.

But to answer your question, for the same money I'd take the F50. I'll never lose money on that deal.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
If it was repaired properly, the price makes no sense. The F50 is bult like a race car. You break a piece, unbolt it, bolt a new one on, and off you go. There is no metal chassis to bend so if you crack the carbonfiber tub, then you just have to replace it. I have seen a few crashed and repaired F50's in Europe and they normally only sell for 10% less at most. If repaired properly you can not tell.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds to me like you found your Ferrari...:)
Actually I did, but it's this one here:

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/fabio-machado/MuseuTAM15.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/fabio-machado/MuseuTAM10.jpg

It's the only F40 in Brazil. There are rumors that this car was also crashed many years ago, while it was still owned by Fiat of Brazil.

Estimated price is around R$ 2,3 millions, or about US$ 1,3 million. Only 3.5 times more than in Europe and the USA, isn't it great?

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Actually I did, but it's this one here:

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/fabio-machado/MuseuTAM15.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/fabio-machado/MuseuTAM10.jpg

It's the only F40 in Brazil. There are rumors that this car was also crashed many years ago, while it was still owned by Fiat of Brazil.

Estimated price is around R$ 2,3 millions, or about US$ 1,3 million. Only 3.5 times more than in Europe and the USA, isn't it great?
Couldn't you import one for less money? What are the import rules like?

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no, in Brazil you can only import new cars, not used cars

for new cars you pay a little over 100% of the price in taxes, but that doesn't include transportation from wherever it comes

and then there's the paper work...

yeah, besides that this is paradise!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Onno, you haven't seen a thing. Did I mention that it is prohibited to produce cars with Diesel engines? Only trucks are allowed to use that fuel. And old cars (over 15 years) don't pay taxes, only the new ones.

But yes, there also a (VERY) good part that I love and keeps me here (at least for now).

I hope you do come visit Brazil, and make sure you let me know if that happens. I recomend going to the beaches in the northeast (around Fortaleza and Natal, specially).

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
As you might remember, the only F50 that exists in Brazil (S/N 101919) changed hands about a year ago for something around R$ 2.5 millions (or US$ 1.4 million), and after only a few days with the car the new owner crashed it in Interlagos (during the 60 Relay celebration in São Paulo). So this is how the car looked like after that:

Now the car is repaired and selling again, but this time for R$ 1.5 million (or US$ 850 thousands). That's what you pay here for a new F430!

So if you think about it, for 3 days with the car the owner paid about US$ 700 thousands, considering that he had to pay for the repair and still the car depreciated a lot because of the crash. Great deal, isn't it? =P

So what would you prefer, the crashed-but-repaired F50 or a brand new F430 for the same money?

A picture to show how the car looks now (don't ask me why the Pininfarina logo is so high up, it wasn't like that before the crash).

One of the "secrets" of loosing 50% maybe in connection with the very high import tax for luxury goods in Brazil. If I buy a F50 from Europe but living in Brazil I assume a 60 - 100% tax on the sales bill will be added. I remember being in Rio in 1998 and looking at some fine wineshops in the old part of the town. All the luxury wines like the Chateau Moton or Laffites where aboz 3 times the european prices. My friend explaned me then that Brazil has a broad array of weapons to "slaughter" people with tastes for luxury goods.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
212Export, for cars the tax is a little bit over 100%, IIRC it's 105%

but like I said, you can't import used cars, only brand new ones

·
Registered
52 Posts
Onno, you haven't seen a thing. Did I mention that it is prohibited to produce cars with Diesel engines? Only trucks are allowed to use that fuel. And old cars (over 15 years) don't pay taxes, only the new ones.

But yes, there also a (VERY) good part that I love and keeps me here (at least for now).

I hope you do come visit Brazil, and make sure you let me know if that happens. I recomend going to the beaches in the northeast (around Fortaleza and Natal, specially).
Tell ya what, I'll save up enough money to come to brazill for a week, as long as I can crash on your couch and get a ride in your Ferrari.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tell ya what, I'll save up enough money to come to brazill for a week, as long as I can crash on your couch and get a ride in your Ferrari.
well, I can even offer you a bed, but the Ferrari part I can't promise since my garage is absolutely empty right now!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts