Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody heard about the outcome of Coys auction in London Dec. 4th. 08 ??

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Report I got was that both BBs and the Daytona did not sell. The Dino 246 and the 250 SWB replica did. Not sure of the exact selling prices but the 250 SWB was around GBP 220k and the Dino around GBP 60-70k.
Thank you !

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Report I got was that both BBs and the Daytona did not sell. The Dino 246 and the 250 SWB replica did. Not sure of the exact selling prices but the 250 SWB was around GBP 220k and the Dino around GBP 60-70k.
That is a big fall on the Dino, a year ago dealers were advertising them for anything between £90K and £130K. But i guess it also depends on how much works needs doing.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Here is a report on the auction by Andrew Stevens who was present.

Andrew Stevens said:
Just back from the Coys auction: These are the hammer prices for F cars
308GTSi - sold 16,900 pounds.
OK car, clean but not immaculate - underbonnet needs detailing & some work, least desireable spec.

246GT - sold 60,000 pounds
Only 33k miles approx, and quite a bit of money spent recently, but interior looked 'used' reasonable price for a driver I guess

365GTB/4 - no sale @ 130,000
Nicely presented car, needs some work/detailing under the bonnet/hood, but looked good in blue. Long way off owner's hopes I suspect...

(Muira P400 to 'S" Specification - sold @ 205,000 pounds) Looked lovely in blue too. Headlight fit was a bit odd, but rest of it looked nice

365GTC/4 - sold 47,000 pounds
Stored for a long time. Met brown/bronze with tan trim. Presented quite well, but potentially a headache to bring back to regular use. One of those cars that could either reward you after some minor titivation, or send you mad & broke!

250 GTE "California Spider" recreation. sold 220,000 pounds. Top sale of the night
very well done recreation, if you like that sort of thing...

'91 Testarossa - not sold 30,000 pounds
Well presented 1 owner car. probably all of it's money in the current market. Should have taken the money if he needed it!

250 GT PF Coupe - no sale 120,000 pounds
Nice later car with covered headlights. Not perfect, but well presented. No estimate in catalogue ('refer dept') so no clue as to reserve.

412i - sold 19,000 pounds
Last lot of the night. One owner car, with FSH etc. red not it's best colour, and looking under the bonnet/hood will scare off most people with the amount of stuff under there! Still, well sold as these don't usually make this level, even though they are nice drivers.

Other high prices:
XJ220 - LHD in 'Silverstone Green' low miles etc - no sale 113,500 pounds
Rolls Royce Phantom II Short Chassis Continental 3 pos Gurney Nutting Sedanca. no sale 240,000 pounds (highest bid of the night) - Gorgeous car
911 Carrera RS (changed motor, but still RS engine) - sold 91,000 pounds
Alfa TZ1 - no sale 175,000 pounds. Wish I had the money...
Alloy XK120 - beautifully done, better than new - sold 108,000 pounds.

That's your lot for tonight! These are just hammer prices, commission etc to be added on. Comments all my own work!

·
Registered
332 Posts
That is a big fall on the Dino, a year ago dealers were advertising them for anything between £90K and £130K. But i guess it also depends on how much works needs doing.
I believe the Dino was sold less than a year ago for £66k, so not that big a fall, although some money had been spent on it in the interim.

Jonathan

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the "insight". What pops to my eye is again a Daytona with a high bid around 30-40% below "dealers prices". Bonham's Gstaad auction will give a better idea of prices since they are going to sell all the "scale" from average to rare Ferrari models. Anybody in Gstaad in 10 days ?

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Anybody in Gstaad in 10 days ?
Unfortunately not. Have just spend the last several days in Geneva but will not be coming back to CH this year.

Two surprises on the list, the no sale of the Jag XJ220 at GBP 113,500 and the 250 PF Coupe at GBP 120k, would have thought the owners would have been quite happy to take the money in both cases.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Should we arrange the FLED 2 dates to end at the RM Maranello auction ?
I'm not to sure about this to be a good idea as everything (hotel etc.) will probably be occupied. Depending also on the date. I called the Swiss road service agency some days ago to ask when exactly they will open the last pass streets after the winter. The reponded that depending on how fast the snow melts they will open them. The thing is that even if the streets are snow empty, "tower's of snow" along the street would make the danger to big to open the streets. Summarizing they said that ibstead of mid May, beginning of June is much safer to have all passes open.

Respecting the experience of those people and at the same time making sure that all of our drivers would have a great experience I would personally argue for the FLED 2 to happen from a) Wednesday 3rd to Sunday the 7th of June b) from June 10th to June 15th. or (if conditions are o.k.) from May 27th to May 31st.)

It would be worthwhile to check with possible participants.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On Artvalue, the results are displayed, but you will need to register for free to see big pictures and prices. They record the important auctions results for fine art etc., as well as classic and sport cars auctions for the important ones around the world. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Should we arrange the FLED 2 dates to end at the RM Maranello auction ?
During that week I already am on an Italy trip with other Ferrari friends of mine.

For me, it is difficult to schedule leave shortly after another, so I would prefer FLED to follow closely on from the Maranello auction. That way I can tackle both trips in 1 leave block. So I would prefer either end of May, closer to the 18th, or end of June, so that I have some weeks inbetween.

If the group prefers to go early June, then I will try my utmost to bend the rules and be there, but my participation becomes more uncertain.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts