Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not a ferrari sorry, i joined this forum because of my passion for f cars,so i decided why not post couple pictures of my current car. i would love to own an f40 sometime in the future.

and here is one of it tucked away in the corner of the garage over the winter

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Welcome to the site. I have a 2003 Miata, lots of fun but doesn't have the sound of the V8 Ferraris which I've come to love.

I see your plates are Illinois, Chicago area by chance? Here is a new Chicago area site you might life: www.312roads.com

Cheers

·
Registered
271 Posts
Very nice car. I was at a small (Italian) car meet last night, and a friend convoyed with us in his MX5/Eunos/Miata. Superb cars. My wife also drives one and they are such a hoot to drive especially being RWD ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the site. I have a 2003 Miata, lots of fun but doesn't have the sound of the V8 Ferraris which I've come to love.

I see your plates are Illinois, Chicago area by chance? Here is a new Chicago area site you might life: www.312roads.com

Cheers
allrite will do, the miata is one hell of a fun car to drive. top down, supercharger whining.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Hi and welcome, Great pics of your MX-5/Miata.
I always wanted one myself, and bought a brand new Mk2 a couple of years ago. It was great fun to drive on the B-roads. The only drawback was that my legs were about an inch too long for it and even with the seat as far back as possible I just couldn't get comfy and my back started hurting, so it had to go. I believe the Mk3 has a fraction more room inside.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it is 1.6 with a e45 supercharger. the interior room is scarce. im almost 6 foot and my feet hit the steering wheel when ever i go to heal to. here are couple of interior pics

the interesting thing about this car is that it was owned by garret norman, who was one of the lead designers on the miata project back in the late 80s. the car has his singnature in the truck, and came with a miata performance book written by Garrett, where it is featured

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Quite a smart looking. Based on your comments though (I am 6'2") it does sound like fit would be a big issue.
I'm 6ft 1/2 inch and really struggled with my MX5, the seats wouldn't go back far enough to fully outstretch my legs, with the roof up I also had to duck my head.
I had wanted an MX5 as a fun weekend car for about 15 years, and as good as the car was, I was very dissappointed by the claustrophobic feel of the cabin. It must have been built with the average Japanese person's frame in mind and not the average NW European or American.
More annoyingly, I sold my MGF of 7 years to buy the MX5, and I felt the MG was a better car.
If it's any consolation, the 328 was the replacement for the MX5:D

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I'm 6ft 1/2 inch and really struggled with my MX5, the seats wouldn't go back far enough to fully outstretch my legs, with the roof up I also had to duck my head.
I had wanted an MX5 as a fun weekend car for about 15 years, and as good as the car was, I was very dissappointed by the claustrophobic feel of the cabin. It must have been built with the average Japanese person's frame in mind and not the average NW European or American.
More annoyingly, I sold my MGF of 7 years to buy the MX5, and I felt the MG was a better car.
If it's any consolation, the 328 was the replacement for the MX5:D
Any size/fit issues in the MGF ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quite a smart looking. Based on your comments though (I am 6'2") it does sound like fit would be a big issue.
it is not that bad, the seats go back a decent amount, the only issue is the steering wheel has no tilt, so im forced to get an extended hub, hoping it will yield some more room between my legs and the wheel. i do however love this car, it was my first rwd and i dont ever want to go back to front wheel.

·
Registered
167 Posts
look into a quick release hub I got one on my 240 and it works great for an in the way steering wheel

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Any size/fit issues in the MGF ?
No, the MG had more leg and head room than the MX5, the only niggle was that the seat hieght couldn't be adjusted.
For most of the time I had the MGF, I had BMW 3 series coupe's as daily drivers, getting into the MG was a bit claustrophobic at first after the BMW, but it wasn't a tight fit, and I'm 181cm tall and approx 12 stone (170 lbs).

The MX5 was a better drivers car, it felt lower to the ground and went round corners like it was on rails. However, the MG felt better built and equipped (mine was one of the BMW owned era car's).

I had a bit of a soft spot for the MGF as it was the first brand new car I ever bought and thought I had bought a piece of British motoring history and a future classic (not the case in reality). Strange that now when I see one, I really don't like the styling anymore and wonder why I had loved mine so much to keep it for so many years.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
It also depends on what generation Miata you have. Each generation has gotten a little roomier on the inside from the previous.

Where the Miata really excels is on a very twisty road, I am talking constant 130 degree turns or greater because the car is very tossy and a blast. It does lack some power but with some bolt ons that changes. There are good reasons why the car is in almost every magazines year end top 10 year after year. It has a fun factor lots of cars lack.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Nice Miata, and welcome to Ferrarilife. Two years ago I almost bought a 2002 Miata, but I bought a 1998 Firebird instead. Man was that a mistake.:rofl:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts