Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I Guess I Better Do My Homework On Domestic Car 0 To 60 Stats. Ihave A99 355f1 Berlinetta 11,000 Miles,mint. My First Naughty Street Race This Am With A Corvette, Could Not Make Out The Model It Was Blk And It Really Had A Great Ass,(sorry To Be Unlady= Like) I Hav Paddle Shifters,no Time For Sport Mode, Out The Gate I Was Looking Good,third Gear He Blasted Me, What Kind Of Vet Was That,and What Might I Be Doing Wrong. I Think The Sucker Had A 112 Cylinder. Whats Up Guys,pls Inform Me . My First Challeng Too! Shit!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome to the site miss F355F1. The local vettes are known to kick the italian a$$. There are a couple threads in this forum that discuss this issue. That said, I have a thread that describes how my neighbors 06' vette (worked up with 625 horses) beat me off the line in a sprint, but as we approached the century mark, my 355's handling was beginning to pay-off.

Vettes are more of a muscle car, our Ferrari's are more of finesse and enjoying the handling, performance, and to sit back and enjoy the singing of the v8/v12 in complete harmony.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Those things happen, nothing to worry about.

IMHO, the only thing you did wrong was saying "yes" to a race with the Corvette hehehehehe

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Ciao tutti

Vettes are more of a muscle car, our Ferrari's are more of finesse and enjoying the handling, performance, and to sit back and enjoy the singing of the v8/v12 in complete harmony.
Now don't get on my back I'm a Ferrari lover as I own one but the last time I checked and the last time Ferrari 360 and 430 went up against the Z06 Vette they were beaten in every category including handling.

Muscle car ya at one time but today's vette is a pretty fine engineered sport car to even Euro standards no denying that.

Although I would never buy one...:p

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Ciao bella

Ok, I Guess I Better Do My Homework On Domestic Car 0 To 60 Stats. Ihave A99 355f1 Berlinetta 11,000 Miles,mint. My First Naughty Street Race This Am With A Corvette, Could Not Make Out The Model It Was Blk And It Really Had A Great Ass,(sorry To Be Unlady= Like) I Hav Paddle Shifters,no Time For Sport Mode, Out The Gate I Was Looking Good,third Gear He Blasted Me, What Kind Of Vet Was That,and What Might I Be Doing Wrong. I Think The Sucker Had A 112 Cylinder. Whats Up Guys,pls Inform Me . My First Challeng Too! Shit!
Note to self only race Vettes that have a flat ass like C5, C4, C3 if the back end is beefy like you describe beware that is a new Z06 and you have no chance, but take comfort in the fact that everyone including the Vette driver wants to own your car...:p :eek: :) :D

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
And you're driving an F1 355. Think about me when every single swingin' dick out there with a brand new Vette wants to race my almost 30 year old 308. What is it with them Corvette guys anyway? No I don't want to race. It's the same with the ricer crowd. I'll be sitting at a stop light and up will pull this kid in a 4 door Honda with a big wing on the back and he'll start revving up his engine like he's sitting in front of the staging light at a drag strip. The light will turn and off he goes, exhaust sounding like a coffee can full of bumble bees. He probably later on brags to his buddies about how his car just destroyed this Ferrari at a stop light.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
take comfort in the fact that everyone including the Vette driver wants to own your car...:p :eek: :) :D
So true, a few years ago I had a buddy who owned a new Camaro. He went on and on about how much better his car was than mine. How it would out-accelerate, out-handle and out-brake my car. Finally I was like, "Yeah Dude, you are absolutely correct. Don't forget that my car is an antique. I'd be pretty dissappointed in Chevrolet if they couldn't come up with something better after 25 years of research. But there is one area where my car will always out perform yours." He said, "Oh yeah, what's that?" I said, "My car is still worth what I paid for it."

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good Smarts Pete!

Hey Pete! That Was My Dad's Name! You Must Be A Good Business Man, To Remind Me Of The Investment Factor That Comes With Owning A Ferrari. People Don't Realize That We Ferrari Owners Have Made An Investment, They See A Big Spender, Not Wise Invester.

I Did Read Just The Other Day Some Bad News About My Model (355f1 Berlinetta ), And Rapicly Declining Sales Price Due The Huge Success Of The 360 And440. Personaly , I Think Is Is The Ultimate Example Of Classic Ferrari In Body Style, And With The F1. The 3560's And 440's Are Insane Vehicles, But Despite The Price I See More Of Them,than I Do Of My Little Honey. There Were Only 60 Or 90 Of My Make Year Model And Color Made, I Think Those Are Good Stats. Of Course The Condition And Mileage Would Be The Ace. I Only Have 11020 Miles On This 99,and She Is Mint! I Just Put A Skid Plate On The Front End, The Race Cars Are Not Forgiving On City Streets. This Is The One Area, I Struggle With For The Car. In Los Angeles, The Curbs, Driveways, And Damn Speed Bumps Are A Bitch. The Light Sometimes Turns Red On Me If I Have To Angle Severely To Get Through The Intersection. I'd Like That Lambo Hydrolic Feature Here. Thanks For Your Feedback And Post Of My Short Story Here, Ha ! Take Care, And Take The Ferrari, More Often. Leave The Other Cars, And Enjoy!!:)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice Ferrari Guys

Hey Guys,
Thanks For The Replies,and Making Me Feel Right At Home. I'm Rather Surprised There Were No Girly Jokes, And How Did You Know I Was'nt Blonde,and Really Drive These Cars, Not Lay On Them 1/2 Naked. I Never Got This Shit! What Beautiful Cars = Beautiful Women? So Stupid And Degrading. Now, If Your A Beautiful Women, And Own The Ferrari, I Say Go For It! Does This Even Exsist? Doubtful. Shit I Were 20 Years Younger, I'd Throw On The Bikini And Post One For The Girls. Tell You What. If Somebody Out There Let's Me Take Thier Enzo For A Spin, I'm Up For A Dare! I'll Let You Figure That Out.

You Wont Believe This! Guess Who I Pulled Up Next To Later Today, But With My Son In The Car? You Guessed It, The Vette Guy With The Great Ass!!!!! He Did'nt Even Put His Window Down To Say A Friendly Hello,and His Tint Was Black Out! It Was The The Corvette Phantom!! I Must Say The Car Is Sick!! It Has To Be The New One With The 620 Hsp There Are No Chrome Plate Anywhere To Identify It. I Still Can't Get Over The Ass On This Car, And Those 4 Exhast Pipes Placed With In The Center Portion Of The Tail, As Opposed To The Sides.

But In The End, It's Just A Chevy! ( Oh Shit, People Will Pop Out Of Thier Graves To Get Me For That Comment)

Don't Get Me Wrong, I Love Old Muscle Rigs!! I'm From Kansas City,and On Fri/sat Nights Cruisin The Main Drag Was Heaven!

I Love Many Kinds Of Cars, And Wask A Porsche Owner Just Previous, For 20 Years.

The Ferrari, Is Like Living In A Whole Other World! I'm Loving It!!
Take Care Guys,and Thanks Again

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Per Pete's comments, your car was designed in 93/94. The Chevy C6 in 2006. I would hope that 12 years later even GM would have been able to come up with an improved car. That having been said, I am sure you would be able to out brake and out handle the C6 after a few laps on a proper GP circuit.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Boxer, if it is the C6, yes, you're right. But if it is ne Z06, that's big trouble. Remember it won Le Mans, beating almost everything on the track including cars from other categories.

I'm not a very big fan of Vettes, but that Z06 is a beast.

But like Night Life said, I'd never own one...

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Why worry about being beaten by a muscle car? There are lot's of faster cars out there, but very few of them are Ferrari's. Next time one of these idiots pull's up to you, just wave and let them take off.
I can't speak for the other members on here, but I never bought my 20 yr old 328 for it's top speed or 0-60 time, I don't even care what they are. My car's quick enough for me, and above all, it's a Ferrari and it took me 20+ years to save up for it, and I don't intend to smash it up in a street drag race - No Corvette, Civic, n2o boosted car or anything else for that matter will ever be a Ferrari.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
When it comes to Vette’s, they are powerful cars and are very good in pretty much every aspect of racing (acceleration, braking, handling etc…) but when ever they are compared in a group, Ferrari is never there. I have a Car and Driver issue here (Aug 07) and it has Vette, Porsches, BMW, Audi, Mustang, Lotus, and a few other junk cars (Mazda Speed, Mini, Solstice). And the Vette took everything, so to beat a Porsche 911 GT3 on a track on everything; it’s pretty good for a GM…

But, it’s still not a Ferrari .The guy didn’t roll down his window because he was jealous he doesn’t own a Ferrari and was probably embarrassed/pissed that it was a woman who owned one too. You also have to remember, your car is 9 years older than his and you have to compare oranges with oranges….

1999 Chevy Corvette

Engine 5.7 Liter V8
Redline 6000
Bhp 345
Lbs-ft 350
Valves per cylinder 4
Weight 3230
Hp per liter 60.5
0-60 4.8
Top Speed 178

1999 Ferrari 355

Engine 3.5 Liter V8
Redline 8500
Bhp 375
Lbs-ft 268
Valves per cylinder 5
Weight 2976
Hp per liter 109
0-60 4.6
Top Speed 183

It’s funny that you mentioned the girls in bikini’s on cars…my friends know im a Ferrari junkie, and one of my friends sent me a video of some model posing on a Ferrari, rubbing herself on it, laying on the hood, sitting on the fender etc….So I emailed him back saying, “What was the first thing that came into you mind when you saw the video?” and he replied “OMG that chick was so hot, nice body (saying it nicely) and I would love to do her”. Then he asked me why and what was my first thought. I replied….”HEY STUPID….Get your ass off the car, your going to scratch the paint and dent the panels…” He laughed….

Oh and by the way, I saw your pictures on photobucket, you don’t need to be 20 years younger…I’ll let you figure that one out….lol

Mario

~

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Holy Scuderia, You Gents Are Cool!

WELL, THIS CERTAINLY IS THE PLACE FOR A LADY TO GET SOME ATTENTION, AND WHAT GENTELMAN! YOU ALL ACTUALLY RESPONDED IN AN INTELECTUAL FASHION WITH FANTASTIC [email protected]! NOT ONE NAUGHTY FEMALE COMMENT! YET ANYWAY! I HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH EXPERT INFORMATION, WITH JUST THIS ONE POST. THAT IS EXACTYLY WHY I AM HERE! I AM FASCINATED WITH FERRARIS NOW, AFTER HANGING WITH THE GERMANS FOR 20 YEARS. I DON'T MISS THE 911 AT ALL ! WHY WOULD I ? WHEN I DRIVE, I DRIVE! IT'S NOT TRANSPORTAION FOR ME REALLY. NOW, IT;S LIKE GOING ON A ROLLERCOASTER INSTEAD OF WALKING IN THE PARK! MY FAVORITE MODEL, CHANGES EVERY DAY. AS A FASHION DESIGNER, I AM OVERWHELMED WITH THE BEAUTY OF THESE MACHINES. THE LINES, THE CONTOURS, THE SILHOUTTE, AND THE BRILLIANCE OF THIER SHINE AND COLOR. THE TECHNICAL ASPECTS OF PERFORMANCE, AERODYNAMICS, AND ALL THAT, HIUMBLE ME. I WANT TO LEARN EVERYTHING. I DEFINATELY WANT TO GET ON A TRACK, AND MR. BOXER, THANK YOU FOR THE PREVIEW OF WHAT Heaven is probably like! what taste you have in your selection, and both the F40 AND 50? I FELL OFF MY CHAIR IMAGINING YOUR GARAGE!! LOVE THE HORSES TOO! I WANT TO COMMENT TO EACH OF YOU,AND WILL, EVENTUALLY. MR. MAGNUM, ATATCHED I S A PHOTO OF THE WINNER SO FAR IN THE BIMBOSONWHEELS .COM AND THE MY PIC FOR THE SEXIEST AUTOMOBILE PHOTO! THIS SCUDERIA IS AT THE TOP OF MY WISH LIST!!
I WILL CHECK BACK WHEN I GET SOME MORE TIME, I HAVE COMMENTS FOR ALL OF YOU GENTLEMAN.
CIAO BELLO'S

Attachments

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
ha ha ha ha

Hey Guys,
You Wont Believe This! Guess Who I Pulled Up Next To Later Today, But With My Son In The Car? You Guessed It, The Vette Guy With The Great Ass!!!!!
Boy am I a typical male when you said great a$$ I thought you were talking about the rear end of the car ha ha ha ha that's funny here's what I mean about a nice ass compared to a flat ass.

Ha ha ha ha ha

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I WANT TO LEARN EVERYTHING. I DEFINATELY WANT TO GET ON A TRACK, AND MR. BOXER, THANK YOU FOR THE PREVIEW OF WHAT Heaven is probably like! what taste you have in your selection, and both the F40 AND 50? I FELL OFF MY CHAIR IMAGINING YOUR GARAGE!! LOVE THE HORSES TOO! I WANT TO COMMENT TO EACH OF YOU,AND WILL, EVENTUALLY.
Thanks.

Nice picture of Enzo. Red always did look good on him.

Do get your F355 on a track. That is where you will really be able to find out what an great piece of engineering art it is.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I once owned a Corvette. 1979. Fun car, real long hood... Hard to maneuver, because you couldn't see the front edge. Other cars would backup right into the car's nose too.
Real loud, with the Hooker side mounts... Great burnouts. Fast acceleration too.
Cornered like a cow though. And everytime you hit a little bump on the road, the whole car would shake like it's coming apart! Likely to change lanes if you're driving fast enough and catch that little bump while actually cornering...

So last summer I rented a convertible one in L.A. I suppose it didn't have the "special" suspension and brake package (L51?) because the front brake calipers were the kind that has no pistons on the outside.
Now they have HUD like F15 fighters. Cosmic stuff! I think all cars should have this stuff.
The sound is great, so is the torque. And the power top, and it gets to high speeds real quick mind you. And it continues speeding up (I think it could really get up to speeds of the 280 Kmh and that sort). But I didn't get to drive it that fast. And everytime you hit a little bump on the road, the whole car would shake like it's coming apart!
That was "copy/paste" text because it was "copy/paste" attitude from the 1979 car to the 2007 car.

I must say that Ferraris are fantastic cars, and although Corvettes and Porsches are also good and fun cars, they are different and one should not get upset for losing it out on a short acceleration run.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Boxer, if it is the C6, yes, you're right. But if it is ne Z06, that's big trouble. Remember it won Le Mans, beating almost everything on the track including cars from other categories.

I'm not a very big fan of Vettes, but that Z06 is a beast.

But like Night Life said, I'd never own one...
Stile, I'm confident you know that most race-cars based on production cars (such as the racing vette) are usually highly modified and share very little with the actual production car. I'm not saying the street Z06 is a bad car, I'm saying that a LeMans winning race Z06 was purpose built and adjusted for that event and is likely to be pretty different in fundamental settings from the street car. I don't think Chevrolet wants their clients to come in every week to change Z06 components that took on too much heat in heavy traffic... So although the Vette has been winning Le Mans a few times already with their pushrod big blocks, I don't think I would really trade my 98 Maranello for a 2008 Z06. Thank you.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts