1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ferrari made only one "official" Testarossa Spider. This car was made for Agnelli. There were many conversions done my several companies. Straman (USA) is the most famous one. Others are EuroTech, Pavesi, Lorenz & Rankl, Sbarro, Pininfarina, Koenig and some more.

The Pocher scale model is a mixture of the official Spider and the Straman version.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Indeed, the unique official convertible Testarossa built for il advocatto is ... silver/grey, not red.
While on the topic, there is one of the 3 BB512 convertibles ever built by Ferrari on sale at a dealer nearby.

·
Registered
88 Posts
512 BB Convertibles?? Can you tell me more about it?? For example, I would love to know the VIN of that car (if it's a post 1980 car). This can "proof" that it was indeed made by the factory.
To show you what I mean: all Testarossas have "17" as the 6th and 7th digit, representing the model. The Testarossa Spider has "30", which shows that it is a complete different model and not just a converted Testarossa! So, if you can get the VIN for me, I would appreciate that A LOT!!! Best regards, Edvar van Daalen - www.red-headed.com

·
Registered
824 Posts
Here is another one who is interested in this car! Official convertibles are always better looking than the conversions. Also I have a 1/43 scale Verem model car of a 512 BB convertible. I always thought it was a model of a conversion, but now I am starting to doubt that!

Niels

·
Registered
824 Posts
Nice car, but this is probably a conversion? Koenig maybe? or Lorenz and Rankl?

Niels

·
Registered
194 Posts
Back to the BB512 spider I was refering to, been told that the one for sale here is white 'nacré' and is 1 of 3 done by Lorenz. Based on what I was told, these special convertibles, and the Agnelli Testarossa, were all done by Lorenz, not by the factory, although they were commissioned by Maranello.
I let the guys-who-know debate whether this is true or not :eek:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lorenz & Rankl made many spider conversions, for example based on 308, 328, 512 BB(i) and Testarossa. However, I really don't believe that the factory has ANYTHING to do with it.

Regarding the Agnelli Testarossa, I'm very convinced that this car was NOT made by Lorenz & Rankl, but by Ferrari and Pininfarina.

BTW, ansgar: thanks for the links. I didn't have much pics yet of F512 M Spider Conversions ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts