Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

can anybody help with a consistant cold starting problem on a Lancia 8.32 Thema( it has a Ferrari 3.0 V8 ). I know it is not a Ferrari vehicle by manufacture so dont flame me please!!but it does have the engine derived from a 308.

Many thanks in anticipation

Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
No problem but we need more than "hard start" as a line to offer help....

Does she turn over ?
If so is there spark ? Fuel ? noise ? anything ????

Give us a detailed post so we can try to evaluate !

~

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More info on Ferrari engined Lancia Thema

Hi
engine fires up after about 10 seconds of turning over when cold.She does not idle properly either, idling at about 1500 rpm until warmed up.

When the engine is warm, it starts first time.. no problems.it does however , display an eratic idle at times, sometimes dropping to 500 and cutting out.

I have asked my local race mechanic experienced chap but not with ferrari engines( Lincolnshire UK)to look at the problem. They adjusted the co2 mix which has improved cold start slightly but they were unable to diagnose the problem.They suggested a engine temp sensor fault... but were unable to be any more specific ... not very helpful !!

Many thanks for your offer of help....if you require any more information I will gladly assist.

regards
kevin

·
Registered
594 Posts
I had this with a Mondial. If the cars idling is erratic on start up It's most likely your cold start sensor. Locate the sensor (it should be on the plenum chamber somewere and was blue tipped on my car) and take the plug off before you start the car from cold. If the car runs the same way it did then it's most likely it.
Eurospares.co.uk will most likely have one. tell James I sent you.

I doubt if it's pugs, surely she'd run ruff all the time if she is fouling a couple of them.

My bets on the sensor. If I can find it on my Lancia epar, I'll see if I can post it for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts