Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! My first visit. I'm a Pro Detailer in Indy. I'm quite familiar with the marque, having detailed several... We can make the paint sing, but...

I could use some help.

I've a client with a rebuilt F, and he has several used (original) parts that he'd like to preserve for the next owner. He knows that he's just a 'caretaker' of the vehicle.

What to do? Clean with... Coat with what... Should I wrap the 'finished product' in foodwrap/saranwrap?

Eventually, they'll go in 'Tupperware' type boxes.

I truly appreciate the assistance!

Jim

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Jimmy,

Welcome to the site. When you say he has a rebuilt car do you mean the car is modified and he kept the original parts or is it from a crash and he has extras?

What kind of parts are left over? Body, interior? motor?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I apoligize for being so vague. I've not done this car, yet. Literally, all that I know about it is that it was 'redone' at a shop in Wisconsin...

I'm expecting mostly suspension parts, but I'm in the dark. Wife has given instructions, via voicemail, so i won't what I'm up against until Tuesday, the 29th, when I do (one of) his Vipers.

I wish I had more info. I'm sure I'll have the parts fo a few days, so I'll get back with specific parts, assuming that this rookie knows what they are!!!

Great forum, wonderful cars!

We sure saw alot of them this last weekend (F1)!

Jim

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
redone is very vague indeed. Well, I think everthing should be wrapped in some protective coating, and stored in a cool and dry place. I'm not that technical, but maybe the rubbers need extra grease or something?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts