Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just watching the film of the Ferrari 275 GTB being driven through the streets of Paris on You Tube again.

Have you guys seen it? It is phenomenal - I can't watch it enough times.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
i assume you mean Rendevous?
you do know that he was driving his daily Mercedes in that film?
the engine sound was just edited over

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't know that. I must seem a bit of a novice!!!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I just had a look at it myself. Great film.
I saw it a few years ago, and I had incorrectly thought it was a Ferrari, but didn't know which model.

These are taken from the viewers comments on You Tube

Crazy DB7 is exactly right, it was a Merc 450SEL with a camera on the bumper, the director also owned a Ferrari 275 GTB which is where the sound dub comes from - the film and the sound are not the same car - if you look, he isnt actually going as fast as he sounds - its an illusion - still an aweseom piece of film and driving though!

crazydb7 (2 days ago) Show Hide Marked as spam 0 (Reply)
Yes, the car used was a Mercedes-Benz 450 SEL 6.9 (As in Ronin) but the engine, gearchanges and tyre squeal was A 275 GTB. It's not hard to tell it's dubbed because the Mercedes only has a 3 speed Automatic

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi, I confirm and let me show you the picture !! Sound was post production add but it is not confirm that it was his personnal 275 which was used for it.... I live in Paris and I whish I could do this again and post the movie but a lot of street changed way, especially the passage under the louvre where you can't go throught anymore except in bus...

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts