Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See Halon install pic below.[/quote]

I was thinking of mounting it in the trunk: it should be in the cockpit?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Uhm, think again, you fit the extinguisher in the trunk, near the engine, where the fire usually starts. How are you going to reach it when you engine is on fire?

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gentlemen,
Yes, quite right. Will do just that when the extinguisher arrives.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dr. Bob said:
Uhm, think again, you fit the extinguisher in the trunk, near the engine, where the fire usually starts. How are you going to reach it when you engine is on fire?
i have practiced grabbing the unit and can grab it VERY fast. Notice HOW it is installed with the bits at easy reach.

Of course if you REALLY want to do it right, get a proper race system permanently installed with an activation button in the cockpit (and also one in the trunk). i debated doing that actually, but decided against it for now.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess with this change in mounting location I'll have to find a different place to store the spare ammo and clips for my Walther PPK ! :lol:

·
Registered
473 Posts
jungathart said:
I guess with this change in mounting location I'll have to find a different place to store the spare ammo and clips for my Walther PPK ! :lol:
Spoken like a true Texan! :D Just roll out and start shooting (Thats what we do here in California)

Derm :lol:

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really like the idea of Halon if front and ABC in rear. The trick is to find Halon. I am told that local car shows are good places to obtain one 8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts