Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my friends Replica Ferrari 250 gto

He bought it two years ago and it was a heap, small engine that ran terrible interior was godawful and the body was rough.

Two years later and hundreds of hours the car is starting to take great shape

He is very meticulous to detail and has done an amazing job with it, now 80% complete we took it out for a run for the first time and OMG :eek:

The engine is rated at 450HP, the first run was nothing short of amazing
It sucked me in my seat so hard and I thought we shredded the rear tires, we scared our selves pretty bad but what an adrenalin rush.

He is going to finish the rest in about a month and join our weekend exotic cruses, here are some pics you will notice a slightly larger bump in the middle of the hood, he had to modify to fit the larger engine I think it makes it look more symmetrical than the original.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
The car is absolutely gorgeous!:) What was the original car?

Chris

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ciao Chris

What are you doing up you are suppose to be sleeping you have school ya know..:D

The original was a Datsun 240 z

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
What are you doing up you are suppose to be sleeping you have school ya know..:D

The original was a Datsun 240 z
Well my last day of the semester was on this past Friday. :D :D :D BTW Datsun 240z is a good car.

Chris

·
Registered
113 Posts
This is my friends Replica Ferrari 250 gto

He bought it two years ago and it was a heap, small engine that ran terrible interior was godawful and the body was rough.

Two years later and hundreds of hours the car is starting to take great shape

He is very meticulous to detail and has done an amazing job with it, now 80% complete we took it out for a run for the first time and OMG :eek:

The engine is rated at 450HP, the first run was nothing short of amazing
It sucked me in my seat so hard and I thought we shredded the rear tires, we scared our selves pretty bad but what an adrenalin rush.

He is going to finish the rest in about a month and join our weekend exotic cruses, here are some pics you will notice a slightly larger bump in the middle of the hood, he had to modify to fit the larger engine I think it makes it look more symmetrical than the original.
Really good looking car!
Please keep us posted of the progres and pic´s.:)

Anders

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I have to admit I have very mixed feelings about replicas. Clearly this is a project that the owner has poured an awful lot of time and passion into.

Very glad to see that a perfectly good 250 GTE was not destroyed to make the replica.
I agree to this comment fully:)

Chris

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Not a fan of kit cars and replicas, but it is great to know that the owner is putting so much heart, time, and effort into this vehicle.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I have to admit I have very mixed feelings about replicas. Clearly this is a project that the owner has poured an awful lot of time and passion into.

Very glad to see that a perfectly good 250 GTE was not destroyed to make the replica.
+1

But in this case I kind of "forgive" him, because really what are the chances of getting to own a real 250 GTO?

For normal people, it's zero. So if he is a car fan, Ferrari enthusiast, has the skills to build this car, why not shape it like the best looking thing in the world?

I actually see it as a tribute to Ferrari, so I think it's ok, and he seems to be doing a great job!

But of course, if he ever tries to pass the car as a real Ferrari, he looses all his points with me!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Nice posts guys. Shows we are a classy group. You do us proud

Roberto...You can clearly see the differance between "us" and "them" with these responses.

Personally....I love it

Lane

·
Registered
113 Posts
+1

But in this case I kind of "forgive" him, because really what are the chances of getting to own a real 250 GTO?

For normal people, it's zero. So if he is a car fan, Ferrari enthusiast, has the skills to build this car, why not shape it like the best looking thing in the world?

I actually see it as a tribute to Ferrari, so I think it's ok, and he seems to be doing a great job!

But of course, if he ever tries to pass the car as a real Ferrari, he looses all his points with me!
I fully agree with stile, it´s not the average VW kitcar. ;-)

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
The outside looks to be a great match to the original lines. The interior is very modern for a 250 GTO. Very cool kit car indeed. Please do post photos of the finished car and have him join the site to tell us more.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys I will pass on the info

better yet I will get him to join Flife..:)

Ps did you guys check out my article on Ferrarilife quarterly

They spelled a couple of things wrong and some how they have a photo of a different speedo, that one shows 53k..:eek: mine has 37k.

oh well it was done probably cause my photos were not very high res as you can tell they are a little grainy.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I really enjoyed reading it. Living in Europe and having to deal with similar issues on age and registration taxes it brought back quite a few memories.
Thank you, coming from you that means a lot.

Did you have an article in it as well?
I have not had the chance to read the Quarterly yet

1 - 20 of 30 Posts