Ferrari Life Forum banner

Check this out - $17.5k for a Ferrari

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  senna21 
#1 ·
#2 ·
You're gonna hate me for this, but I'd say that's too high for that model. If it were a QV then I'd say "yes good price". Why? Because I've seen excelent QV spiders go for mid to low 20s. I'd put a QV hard top then in good to excelent condition in the 15k to 20k market. The non QV mondials would be below that. This Mondial would have to be in excelent condition to bring this price. That's just me though.

Now that Ferrari is releasing the new 430 and a new four seater all prices will take a slide. Well, "mass produced" models at least. With the exception of the Dinos. They seem to have a cult status that is only growing.

#3 ·
Like pete said that is a high price for a Ferrari int hat condition but it is ebay and people pay more for things then they really are. The lowest I have seen a Ferrari was at $10,000.00 or maybe $1000.00 if it is wrecked.

#5 ·
Affordable Ferrari

Does anyone know of a Ferrari that is fairly priced but needs some body or paint work? What do you think is a fair price for this Mondial on ebay?

Senna21, you said "I've seen excelent QV spiders go for mid to low 20s", do you know of any now currently for sale at that price?

I am specifically looking for a 3.2 Mondial Spyder but I will consider any of the Mondial, 308 or Dino 308GT4s at a good price, especially if the are mechanically very good but are crashed or need body and paint work. I have a body and restoration shop and specialize in heavy collision. Anyone know of a car that might be what I am looking for?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide me.

Thomas

#6 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=2484476395&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

Not my favorate color but the car above did go at a decent price. I'll keep an eye out for a car. Also are you ready to buy or are you still looking?

I guess what I'm saying is, if a deal came up tomorrow are you ready to move on it?

I'll get you a name from the Ferrari List who's been very good at getting great dels on cars. I believe he's now in France for a bit but we'll see what we can do for you.

#7 ·
Well Charles,
All I can say is that when I'm ready to trade in my 308 for a 355 I am going to be giving you a call. I figured 17.5 was a good price for an entry level Ferrari. It could simply be that the Ferrari prices are higher in the Northeast than they are in California.

#8 ·
Well i have seen one for that price when it was wrecked but there was not much hope for it.

#9 ·
senna21 "I guess what I'm saying is, if a deal came up tomorrow are you ready to move on it?"

No not tomorrow, but plan on it soon. Even if I find a great car tomorrow I will need to have a ppi done before I buy. I have a couple cars I am putting together now and they are almost completed. When they are finished I will have the cash for one, hopefully about 3 or 4 weeks. I also have to buy a new truck for my business, probably next week.

I don't want to jump on the first Ferrari I find. When I find the right car and the price is right I will be ready to buy it. I will probably check with a specialized lender for older specialty cars next week or so. I have checked out a few cars already and have a pretty good idea what the Ferrari market values are. I appreciate your efforts and thoughts.

Thanks

Thomas

#10 ·
Well, that kind of timeline is to me, jumping on one tomorrow! I wold never advise anyone to buy anykind of a car without getting it checked out by a third party. Toyota or Ferrari. When you're ready to start looking email me and I'll be more than happy to help. The one thing I would say is know what you want and stand fast to the price your willing to pay. There is nothing worse than making a compromise on a car and then not being 100% happy with your decision.

I guess what I was really was if your finances were in order to purchase one. It's a question I don't like to ask but, it needs to be done.

Also, where are you located? And give me your email. I might have something for you... :green:

Of course there are some models that will always bring better money than others. But, if this following car is a Fiberglass the $30k price isn't that bad and I'm sure the price might come down 1k.
http://www.autabuy.com/Vehicles/Details.cfm?VID=12822

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.