Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to go for my usual Sunday morning blast in one of my cars last week. I don't usually regularly check, but had a look at the Dino carbys with the fuel pump running. There was petrol pouring down from the fuel inlet of one of the carbys. So I thought, Oh well I'll replace the seal when I get time and take the boxer out instead. Checked the boxer the same way and WTF!!! fuel leaking out from one of the hoses!!!!! This was an easy quick fix as I just cut off the hose and the split and reconnected and off i went. Can't help thinking I would have been toast if one of them caught fire. I think I'll be checking before every drive now.................

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Very good advice and I also learned to do this by narrowingly avoiding a potential toasting. One of the clamps on a fuel line had come loose on the 512 BB and was dripping fuel down onto the top of the engine. Major potential fire hazzard. I was very fortunate to have gotten out of the car to clean the windscreens. I got a wiff of the fuel when cleaning the back windscreen and then decided to pop the engine cover to see what was up. Had I not caught it.......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts