Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know anything about the car. I was unaware that there was a LHD 365bb in OZ. The phone number seems to have too many digits which makes me wonder whether it is actually located offshore. Being in storage for 12 years means probably spending another $30k on it. Might make a good track car or spares I suppose. I don't have the diesel option on mine either :wink:

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Just out of curiosity I sent a note asking for information on this car and here is what I got back:

This car is certainly one of the nicest to drive. Engine fully overhauled after being stored and not driven for 12 years. A complete restoration job has been completed, only top quality original parts like valves and pistons have been kept. All seals and bearings have been replaced, even the crankshaft has been fully restored and x-rayed. The electronic control unit is also a brand new one, Brakes have been serviced and tires are new. The car is in perfect original condition with a good original paint. Due to its age it isn't perfect and the fanatic would undertake a complete respray, but the Ferrari enthusiast will appreciate the original patina and will be delighted to keep this nice looking paint. mileage : 2,500 km (1,553 ml) and current location in Bandung - Indonesia.

Sounds great except for the fact that there are no Boxers in Indonesia. Plenty of scams though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha!If something is too good to be true, it usually is too good to be true! I agree sounds like a scam. Did the "seller" give you a chassis number?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow. Great detective work! Another Indonesian scam uncovered....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts