Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While waiting for Boxer to actually come up with a post on today's drive, here goes a picture that was possible while driving my 550 behind the F40 captured with the help of my cellphone.

Enjoy...:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Boxer I'm assuming you will come up with a post, or should I not?

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Boxer I'm assuming you will come up with a post, or should I not?
AGP22, I will let you do the honors this time but here are a few pictures to go along wiht it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
God that 550 looks awesome. Can't really comment on the F40 in AGP22's photo, it is too far in the distance. :)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
incredible pictures (I wonder how long will it take for me to see a 550 or a F40 again, seeing both together............. that will take a while!), you are always on the right place with the right cars, aren't you?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
... Can't really comment on the F40 in AGP22's photo, it is too far in the distance. :)
Actually, this cellphone takes better pictures than the one I used in the "walk" thread, but of course, not as good as Boxer's Nikon...:D

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AGP22, I will let you do the honors this time but here are a few pictures to go along wiht it.
Gee, Boxer, Thanks a bunch! I just don't know where to start now...:eek:

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
The cars look great guys. I'm guessing you guys had a blast!:)

Chris

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here goes; it was definitely sunny out early this morning, but as it had been raining a bit before, most roads were still wet, especially in the shady spots.

Boxer and I met at the usual place near the seaside, and took to the road for a short distance until we actually stopped for a few shots that can be seen on this and the other thread Boxer refers to above. I didn't have a camera today, so while Boxer took pictures, I watched.

Then back on the seaside road through the valley, F40 leading, taking it easy through the winding and slippery turns, but when the odd straight was available, I could see it escaping fast ahead of me; I had to apply some serious throttle to go along and keep up with the wide and low-to-the ground red monster. Then, sometimes in the middle of a turn, bicycles in groups taking up the road had to be carefully overtaken by the two of us, now they required a lot of attention as they noticed the F40 and its backfires, but didn't realize I was nearly tail-gating.

Then onto the mountain road by the cliffs, always trying to keep up with the F40's pace, we continued in tandem, the backfiring sound of the turbocharged supercar echoing close ahead. As we were going around the mountain, we exchanged positions and I took the lead. Down around the other side, having stopped for fuel, we then jumped on a short strip of highway to clean off the plugs. A big motorbike overtook us as we drove into the highway and I followed up onto it hard. Other cars got in between us and I could barely see the F40 in the mirror. I was hanging in 4th full blast. After a short while, the flash red F40 was already glued to my tail and we were getting off the highway.

I must say that as the 550 is very much assisted by ASR, the F40 has those turbos, and no extra help... It's really up to Boxer to keep it straight in the dry/wet road patches under acceleration.

Back on main roads, a lot of traffic around us, I must admit that those motorbikes were sticking very much onto the F40. They must have loved the car. No wonder, it is awesome.

Then a few quick straights, and corners to brush off some rubber, and back in for coffee, croissants and conversation.

Great fun, but not enough open road... Hope for dryer roads next time.:cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Great recap!! I feel like I was there. :)

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Awesome story!

Chris

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good thing you liked it. So did we. Next time around, we should try to make it into a short motion picture...:cool:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Haha...and let Pete and Arch Announce it.

Archie: "Here comes the F40! He's coming up strong on the rear!"

Pete: "Hehe, rear"

Archie: V_V

1 - 20 of 21 Posts