Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this planned for tomorrow. Looks like I can disconnect the whole shootin match with just two nuts. Then take the bracket with both filter attached out and change both filters.

Is this the best way to do it.

Advise is always appreciated.
Thanks
Kelly

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, I forgot. I'm at half tanks. If the top of the bottom bracket is below the fuel line of the tanks will the gas flow pass the fule pump.
Thanks
From the swamp.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I got the job done, one problem, the part number off the 308 faq site was wrong. It was for the larger filter that are used on the one filtered cars like the QV's.

So, the correct Purolater number is F54822. for 1980 308 with 2 fuel filters.
Oh the purolator filter is made in Israel. The WIX were made in China. I looked at them too, but they were the same as the Purolators.

I did not know it until I had them off. Well I got the bosch part number and started calling parts stores. Of course none had 2 or even one.

So, I went down to Discount auto parts store returned the filters I had gotten Purolators.

They had a cross refence to the bosch number in there systems, but were out of stock. So they gave me the new number and I had to go to two pepboys, because each had only one.

Got them back on in an hour.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Kelly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts