Ferrari Life Forum banner

Challenge photos from Infineon

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Dermot 
#1 ·
Attached are some photos from the Ferrari Challenge event I attended at Infineon Raceway California today

Enjoy!

Derm

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
The GT1 is owned I believe by Art Zafiropoulo here in the bay area, it just came back from Ferrari where it was in for repair to damage suffered at Luguna Seca last year. It was the second crash for the GT1 which was badly damaged coming out of the Carousel at Infineon a few years back!! It's an amazing car up close, but the support team told me its a bit of a handful to drive..

This GT1 is (I'm told by Ferrari) the only 100% origional GT1 - There are two more cars in existance, however they were built from spare parts developed for this car.

Derm

#6 · (Edited)
Yes it was a good event Andrew

I have to say I'm not a 288 GTO fan myself, I don't truly understand why they are worth the $$, apart from the limited number produced. Personally I'd rather own a great looking 328 and pocket the other $350k :)

The blue 430 is owned by one of the Ferrari club guys, who also owns (Or owned, I'm not exactly sure) the yellow 355 seen beside it in the photo (The yellow is a custom yellow he had the car painted in, as he did not like Fly Yellow) He also has a great licence plate that refers to the ipod (He works for Apple!) - You and I actually had lunch with him a while back in Palo Alto... Remember?

Regards

Derm

#7 ·
Oh wow, Im embarassed, it is a 430 not a 360! to be honest I didnt even maximize the image because the color sit well with me.

Oh well. Awesome information about the GT1, love the car!

#8 · (Edited)
few more pics from the event! Check out Bob Dillon - The driver gets different music stars airbrushed on his car for each race. The quality is really great.

Derm

Attachments

#9 ·
Derm,

Yes. I spoke with him (Kevin) for sometime back in December at a party (the same one where I met the guy putting on the track event in June). Kevin is a great guy and a true car fan. He also as a mint 308 that has won a few awards at events. I didn't realize he was selling his F355 though.

#12 ·
Dirk

They did not start the GT (Unfortunatly :-( ) I'm sure it would have been a sonund to behold!

Art is the co-owner of my Local Ferrari dealer (Ferrari of Silicon Valley), his cars appear on display in the dealer windows from time to time.

Derm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.