Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchasd a 1996 F355 Spyder. I was just wondering how much does a Challenge grill dissipate heat from the engine.

Other than aesthetics, is it worth it regarding cooling the engine?

Any feed back would be appreciated. Thank you

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
more info here:
http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5146

Q "Other than cosmetics have you noticed any positive effects in making the change?"

A "They have a positive effect on engine cooling, it allows easier egress of the hot air surrounding the engine, and a faster flow of cooling air. There are companies that also make A/M Carbon Fibre Challenge Grills."

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Er..um...yes. I think I forgot to post the pictures in the garage section. It is NART Blue, tan interior, and fitted with a 6 speed manual transmission, challenge grill, and tubi exhaust.

It replaced the short lived 911 Turbo. I just never bonded with it and a great opportunity to swap it for the 360 dropped out of the blue. Net net I am just not a Porsche guy.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
so once more you don't have any boxer engines in your garage? =/

hope you get a 512 BB soon hehehehehe

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I guess it's not going to be a Testarossa hehehehe

but keep your screen name anyway, boxer suits you well!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Cartwrights have got a nice 15K mile TR for £39995. I would consider it myself, but the timings not ideal with Mrs G a few months away from delivering our 2nd child.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
You never know. I have always enjoyed mid engine 12 cylinder Ferraris.
well, if I was going to buy a TR, I'd go for the 512 TR (512 M in a close 2nd place and the "original" TR in 3rd)

BTW: is the black back part of the TR rear a challenge grill??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts