Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend chef Gordan Ramsay was spotted in London in his new 458 Italia. It's nice to see what options the owners are configuring their 458's in, whether they are a celebrity or not.

I know the two-tone paint scheme is an option from Ferrari but Gordan's roof looks like it is carbon fibre and not just painted.

Attachments

·
Registered
655 Posts
That 458 is a demonstrator that belongs to the London Ferrari dealer HR Owen hence the HRO licence plate.

The roof is a carbon wrap. Here is how the car looked when they first had it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Iain for clearing that one up for us. See how easy it is for rumours to start.

It makes more sense now too about the roof, as you can see the white paint under the carbon fibre in the section of the a-pillar (circled in red). I thought it didn't look like a very neat job. Is this vinyl wrapped or a piece of carbon fibre mold placed on top of the roof?

Attachments

·
Registered
655 Posts
I would hazard a guess that it's a wrap. The areas you've highlighted are just light reflection from the camera's flash though I'd think.

The other London dealer, Maranello at Egham in Surrey, have had the roof of their Giallo Tri Strato demo car wrapped in black so I'd think it's a case of one upmanship by Owen's in going for carbon vinyl. From what I can gather they are petty in that regard.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts