Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody on the forum going to Cavillino or Italiafest? Marci and I will be leaving Dallas on Wednesday heading for Florida. What's a little 3000 mile round trip drive in a 30 year old car ;)

We will be attending Cavillino but not showing. We will be showing the week after @ Italiafest in Delreay, then heading back to Dallas.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
So you are taking the 365 or the Maser?
And i wish i could go to Cavallino
i would love to visit that event from wensday till sunday :green:
must be amazing.
Are those income prices also so high like at Monterey??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cavallino...

Taking the 365 on this trip. Thinking about taking the Indy to the Poconos event in July.

We will attend be spectators at cavallino. The entry fee to show a car is about $500. They have a rather limited amount of space to show. It's a very interesting show. There are lots of very high end cars, and many less "normal" Ferraris. Last year there were two rows of F40s. There were all sever GTOs, Lussos.. as I remember a 166LM or 2 etc.

If our car were cosmetically perfect, I would show it. Of course if it were perfect I don't know that I would take it on a 3000 mile round trip. It's nice enough to be a really nice driver, but not full concourse.

The week after Cavaillino is the show we are showing @ which is ItaliaFest. Must more laid back. Sponsored by the Lambo & Maserati Clubs. Last time I attended they had quite and interested collection of cars present, but much more laid back. It's more of an even were the owners mingle and have a good time.

Anyhow better get back to getting stuff ready for the trip. Also trying to arrange with some attornies to look @ a Maserati Mexico. I have been trying to buy this car for several years. The fellow who owned it died just before we came to a deal. Now the kids are fighting about it, thinks it worth much more than it is etc. The car happens to be directly on our path to South Florida, so I am giving it another try ;)

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
2 rows of F40's not bad
that's similar to what i saw on the Nurnburgring this year, 22 F40 in a row :green:
But about the price i was more refering to the income price for attending the event.
I know that at Monterey if you visit all the events (Laguna Seca, Concorso Italiano, Pebble Beach, 2 auctions,..) that you pay $300 to get in :eek:
So i was wondering what it would be if you go and visit all the days of the Cavallino Classic so from wensday till sunday

·
Registered
575 Posts
Dirk, a few years ago I attended Concorso Italiano (as a spectator, I didn't have the GT4 then...) and with a full day looking at hundreds of Ferraris, dare I say I got sick of them! :eek:

I think I can only handle one show at a time, let alone seeing all three (C.I. + Pebble B. + Monterey Historics) :lol:

To me, it was sensory-overload (too much of a good thing).

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Peter i would LOVE to do that but unfortunually i'm stuck in europe
But yes i can only dream of events like that.
But the problem is that it's $300 income for all those events :eek:

SO you saw hundreds of Ferrari at the Concorso Italiano
Now image the Ferrari Days at the Nurnburgring, they had around 1100 Ferrari there, now image me walking around there ALL DAY :green: :green:
can you guess my joy :question:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts