Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an aircraft maintenance student in Canada and I'm curious about how to start a career in racing. I have applied to university for aerospace engineering, is this a good way to go? Just to keep it Ferrari related I have a Scuderia crest on my toolbox. Any advice appreciated.

Awsome site!

:work:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
A lot of the F1 designers come form Aerospace background. You may be on the right track. But more important I think is to use your spare time to crew for a small race team. That way you have links to friends who are in the racing business. Networking is the most important asset to have. Build your network because that will get you places.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Yes, networking is the thing you need to do. Make friends so people know you, if they don't know you, they can't hire you. Try do do some work in the weekends at a raceteam or something, that way you get some experience too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
BMW is starting a new open wheel school designed to recruit americans into Formula One racing. If you are serious about racing, I'd start there.

·
Registered
895 Posts
thom360 said:
BMW is starting a new open wheel school designed to recruit americans into Formula One racing. If you are serious about racing, I'd start there.
Now THAT sounds interesting. Even though it's a rival team, I might have to look into that for the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts