Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using the products that come in the Ferrari care kit on my 360 with great results, has anyone else had any experience with these products ?
What is the Shine mixture, I love it, hope I can get some more
Anyone got any tips on the leather care products in the kit as I have not got round to using them yet.
P.S the leather case is pretty cool too

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I use Autoglym too. Have done for years, if it was good enough for TVR and Jag back in the days when all I could afford was a rusty old banger, I figured it was good enough for me.
I've been using the complete range of products on the 328 and have been impressed with the results.
You can get it for free if you subscribe to Classic & Sports car mag as they were giving away a set of a dozen or so products worth about £70. I did and cancelled the subscription a few months later:D

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I use Autoglym too. Have done for years, if it was good enough for TVR and Jag back in the days when all I could afford was a rusty old banger, I figured it was good enough for me.
I've been using the complete range of products on the 328 and have been impressed with the results.
You can get it for free if you subscribe to Classic & Sports car mag as they were giving away a set of a dozen or so products worth about £70. I did and cancelled the subscription a few months later:D
must be a euro thing: went to the site, but don't get much out of it....like the leather side.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I think they are based in the UK. They seem to be about the best value for money over here, unless you are prepared to pay a kings ransom for Swissvax or similar products.
I'm sure you've got got plenty of just as good if not better cleaning supplies companies in the USA anyway.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys
I'll check it out.
Boxer, the kit unfortunately did not come with the car, I purchased it at the dealers, not the cheapest piece of kit but has some cool stuff in it. What do you guys use to treat the leather, any tips ?

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I think they are based in the UK. They seem to be about the best value for money over here, unless you are prepared to pay a kings ransom for Swissvax or similar products.
I'm sure you've got got plenty of just as good if not better cleaning supplies companies in the USA anyway.
would rather use better Euro care products than ones made for upscale Cadies.....will try both you suggest.

matt tait said:
Thanks Guys
I'll check it out.
Boxer, the kit unfortunately did not come with the car, I purchased it at the dealers, not the cheapest piece of kit but has some cool stuff in it. What do you guys use to treat the leather, any tips ?
Lately I've been using a Conolly[sic/sp] from an Ebay purchase and kind of like it, but not impressed with the cleaner.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Traditionally I've always used Autoglym.
I did have a chap from Maguires (correct spelling I think!!!!!!!!!!!) come up to me at FOC conc a few years ago and discussed becoming a supplier - unfortunately it was at the time I had a few business issues looming so I didn't pursue it.
Does anyone have experience/opinions on Maguires?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Boxer
Really enjoyed reading your article on the F40 Anniversary in the latest Quarterly mag, Sounds fantastic ! Thanks. I'm kicking myself for not going to the 60th as I knew a few connected people that I could have tagged along with. I have as yet not been for a spin in an F40, the closest I've got is squeezing into the drivers seat of a friends F40 only to find I could hardly get back out again, not that I was in a rush to get out.:drive:

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Traditionally I've always used Autoglym.
I did have a chap from Maguires (correct spelling I think!!!!!!!!!!!) come up to me at FOC conc a few years ago and discussed becoming a supplier - unfortunately it was at the time I had a few business issues looming so I didn't pursue it.
Does anyone have experience/opinions on Maguires?
MEquirA's http://www.cleanacar.com/meguiars.html?gclid=CL7jyIii_YwCFRX2ggodp3XnDw

is a very good company. Company at any car show, and the owner/founder is noted for his involvement in cars [has a show on SPEED channel called Car Crazy] SPEEDTV.com

his company produces a wide variety of products and is everywhere, but, persnally can't tout one product over the other, although, I use his quick shine for all cars to quickly take off dust grime when needed.

Liked the old Eagle products where there was a leather cleaner & a leather protectant, but NOW all products in the common area seem to have combined the cleaner with protectant, and that's NOT good....need to keep them seperate.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Boxer
Really enjoyed reading your article on the F40 Anniversary in the latest Quarterly mag, Sounds fantastic ! Thanks. I'm kicking myself for not going to the 60th as I knew a few connected people that I could have tagged along with. I have as yet not been for a spin in an F40, the closest I've got is squeezing into the drivers seat of a friends F40 only to find I could hardly get back out again, not that I was in a rush to get out.:drive:
Matt, Thanks. The F40 event was a really great weekend.

As for ease of getting in an out... it is hard to look cool pouring yourself in an out over that huge door sill and then down into the deep bucket seat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts