Ferrari Life Forum banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
I don't know... I haven't had my engine that far apart.

I know from the parts diagrams that the 348 runs a drop chain instead of drop gears and is the only engine in the family to rotate the cams the same direction as the crank.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Several years ago I looked into using 348 cams in a 308 motor.

I had the cams run on a Cam Doctor machine and identified that the lobes on the 348 cams are symmetrical. So no problem running them "backwards".
But it will change the firing order. A simple fix of moving a few plug wires around.

The only thing I had not got around to checking was if the 308QV and the 348 cams had the same pilot hole in the pulleys.

·
Registered
327 Posts
348 cams in 308qv

Thanks Ferrari wrencher's,, ,,looks like its a clean swap? Not sure about swap yet.I will measure my 308 nose soon.,,,,348 parts are rare because nobody wants 348.because of shifter,

re

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
So after many years delay, retirement arrived, allowing me to get back to this project.
Ferrari ECU, finished, FETs are a bitch to solder. Firmware loaded, good comm to laptop tuning software. Intake manifolds, and throttle bodies, need to source injectors, fuel rail, and TPS. Who wants to help drop a Ferrari motor?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Cutting fuel rails to proper (hopefully) length, taping each end for 6AN fuel line connectors. Next drilling rail for fuel injectors, will wait until tomorrow, location must be +/- 1mm, @$15/ft, scared shitless I will screw it up, fingers crossed.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts